And Then It Breaks

It had been rough. Normally it took more than a few words and some pushy men to get under your skin. However the cold prince had managed to shake you up, and after the little run in with Jeice, you were a little bit more cautious than normal. While you had been on alert the three men seemed to carry on like they normally would. Being brutes and thinking about nothing other then training, eating, and trying to get under your skin. While it normally got on your nerves, you were silently glad that they were all acting normal, something you could hold onto an remind yourself that you were just letting your thoughts get the better of you.

The simple missions you were sent on came and went without much fuss. The four of you went, got the job done, and returned to train some more. It was a simple routine, and one you were alright with. The one complaint you had however was the last few missions were simple, and boring. They were nothing but patrolling missions, watching over other planets and making sure that everything was in order.

Personally you felt like it was a dig at you, and you were getting annoyed by it, but you kept these thoughts to yourself. You were still recovering and as it had been demonstrated you couldn't trust anyone to keep their mouths shut. So you had decided that it would be best if you took a few steps back and just kept most of your thoughts to yourself, just in order to avoid risking the unnecessary trouble. This however also included, making sure that you never had enough time to sit down and just relax, always needing to be on the move and keeping up with tasks, no matter how small.

Finally you guys had been sent on a mission made for a Saiyan, one that had you relaxing ever so slightly. You could finally get back to doing what you had come to do best, obliterating planets and seizing control over others. Each of you had departed in your own pods, knowing it was a much faster mode of transportation. It had been a while, and while no one outright said that they were excited, each of you silently knew just by your own actions. Everyone was ready to go and quick to head out, wasting no time in making the necessary preparations.

Having arrived to the planet first you stepped out and adjusted the guards that sat on your wrists. You had been wrapped up in keeping busy that this was just about a vacation for you. As you stood there watching over the little village at the base of the cliff you could hear the hissing before the three other pods dropped to the ground one by one.

Standing there you paid little attention to them as they one by one got out and stretched from their rides. You were watching the little aliens going about their lives below. This was a planet that was to be harvested and used for storage. So it wasn't important to kill everyone, however it always wasn't required to spare any lives, just so long as the planet was turned over for Frieza's rule.

"You're not having any second thoughts about your job, are you [y/n]?" Nappa piped up in amusement. You could feel the corner of your eye twitch up at the comment. It was bad enough they thought of you as a lesser Saiyan, and even worse that they knew that you had little to no idea about how your own race really worked.

"Probably doesn't want to make this one a mess, seeing as there were no direct orders to demolish everything." Raditz added, stepping towards you, a grin dancing along his lips. Taking a deep breath you tried your best not to respond, knowing that they just wanted to rile you up, to have you lash out at them again. You knew how much they enjoyed watching your attempts at fighting them, however when you hear that entitled chuckle fall from the Prince's lips you weren't even going to give him a chance to add his two cents.

Your hand lifted without a second thoughts as a hellishly bright ki blast charged from the palm of your hand before you lifted it above your head and threw it towards the village. There was silence behind you, as was the air before the sound of the blast hitting ripped through it. The cackling of flames and the desolation of the little buildings filled the air with screaming.