"Holy Fucking Shit."

Chapter 30

        I feel the pain coming from this headbutt Layne's about to deliver, but I don't deserve it. I didn't take Donovan away from her, she pushed him away herself and that's nobody's problem but her own.

        Struggling to get myself out of the way, I feel Donovan's rough hands latch onto my shoulders to pull me back, but I snap at him, "No! This is between me and her!" I shout. I feel his hold go rigid and tighten back up, but then Jess's voice appears somewhere nearby.

        "She's right Donovan. Let her handle it."

        Donovan lets me go and I gather up the strength to shove Layne back. She scowls at me wildly, "You're disgusting. You're fxcking sick--"

        "Says the girl who planned another girls ràpe!" I shout.

        Layne laughs like a mental person, "You think I give a shit? You needed to pay for what you did. You kissed my boyfriend while he was passed out DRUNK! That was incest!" She hollers and I glance around me to see people starting to crowd the wide hallway. Layne stalks closer to me, "You don't care though, you've got what you wanted now. The perfect boyfriend--"

        "I don't have a boyfriend." I say honestly, because Donovan isn't my boyfriend.

        She tilts her head, "Then a fuck buddy--"

        "Don't have one of those either."

        "Well why the hell not? It's not like you're saving yourself for someone special... You already gave that away, bitch." She smirks evilly and I sway with anger.

        "You fxcking satanic piece of shit!" I scream and rush at her. She goes for my hair, but I'm not even on that level of fighting right now. I ball my fist up tightly and aim for her nose. It cracks onto the bridge and colors her mouth, chin and my knuckles in a red similar to the color of her hair. People gasp and 'oo' in painful shock, but I keep going.

        I wrap my leg around the back of her heels, then grab her waist and bend her backwards; taking her down to the ground. I learned the move from Donovan. As I sit on her stomach, I start to wail on her face; not even caring about the throbbing in my hand. Layne thrashes underneath me and I grit my teeth, trying to ignore the pain of her nails digging into the skin on my thighs and arms.

        "She needs to stop!" Donovan growls somewhere nearby and the warning that this is about to be over pisses me off and makes me step it up. I grab a fist full of Layne's hair and pull with all my might. She starts to claw at my hand going to work and I bounce from her legs kicking wildly underneath me.

        All of a sudden, I'm yanked up painfully and I would've bet money it was Donovan -- until I'm hurdled at a wall. People's gasps are audible and girl and guy voices are shouting on top of each others. I fall limply onto the floor on my back, about two feet away from Layne, to see dark ass combat boots step next to my head,

"That's enough." The voice says darkly and I look up as the ceiling is spinning, to see a head of red hair.

        "Jack." Layne croaks out next to me. She reaches up for his help, but Jack is no longer on his feet. He's tackled down roughly and the crowd moves further down the hall to avoid getting hit. I quickly turn around to stop Donovan, but then I hear loud shouting and look behind me. Kevin is holding Donovan back and Jess is talking to him loudly; trying to calm him down.

        I look back to the fight with Jack and now realize that it's not Donovan -- it's Zach.

        I get up onto my feet and sway; catching myself on the wall. I look down at Layne as she's moaning on the floor and I can't stop myself. I kick her. She cries out in pain, but I don't care.