Love

Sans' POV:

katherine and i walk over to waterfall.

i destroyed every camera on sight.

katherine said waterfall looked amazing so far.

she especially liked the echo flowers.

"These things are amazing." she said to one of them.

"These things are amazing." the flower repeated.

as we were walking around, she asked, "So, how long have monsters been here?"

i shrug. "i dunno. monsters were already trapped here even before my earliest memories."

"That sounds pretty long." she says.

"say," i ask. "what made you come here anyway? i mean, everyone knows the legend, right? 'those who climb the mountain never returns.'"

"That's not true." she says. "One time, my stepbrother and I were playing on this mountain, and he fell. But he came back."

wait, what? her stepbrother got back to the surface? but the only human who's left the underground was that murderer...

"does your stepbrother wear a striped shirt?" i ask in slight shock.

she looks at me. "Yes, why?"

i step quickly to the side and cover my mouth, wide-eyed.

"Sans?! Are you okay?!" she asked, her hands on my shoulders.

i feel like i'm gonna throw up.

i look at her. "katherine..." i say slowly. "your stepbrother... is the one who killed all my friends."

She looked shocked. "Wh-what?! N-no. Frisk wouldn't do that. He may be a bit of a bully three years ago, but..." she looks away.

she walks to the side and sits down, her knees in front of her chest.

i walk over to her. "katherine..." i sit down next to her.

"I can't believe it. I just CAN'T. I never thought my stepbrother would... Would do such a thing. I can't believe I spent several months with a killer." she says in complete shock.

"hey. hey." i say, putting my arm around her. "i... uh... i spent several months with a killer too, you know?"

she looks at me. "who...? your brother?"

i answer, "no, my brother is just the one who tells me to kill. i meant his other servant. i mean, not only that, i've killed people, too. but i hated it. every bit of it."

she looks at me worriedly. "You're not going to kill me, are you?"

i answer, "no... no, i don't want to. every human who falls down here should have their souls taken, but... i don't want to take yours."

"Why?" katherine asks. "How am I so different from the other ones that you've killed?"

i hesitate. it's too soon to admit but i don't have any other answer.

"i'm... i'm... in love with you." i say, blushing.

"What...? But Sans... We just met. Today." she says.

"i know. you're right. it's weird. y'know what, forget i even said anything." i look away.

at this moment, katherine wraps her arms around my waist, under my jacket.

i blush. but i try to avoid eye contact.

"Sans," she says. "Look at me."

i turn my head to her.

then she kisses me.

i blush even more.

she pulls back and says. "I'm only kidding. I love you too." she smiles.

i smile, too. then i kiss her. then i pull back.

"do you wanna go further into waterfall?" i ask.

"Yeah. Let's go." katherine smiles, standing up.

i stand up and walk next to her.

then we hold each other's hand as we walk.