What can we do?

Jamie's P.O.V.

OMG what just happened? Did Lottie Pumpkin really just kiss my cheek? Twice! I can't believe that that just happened to me, Jamie Volk the boy that has never known love from anyone other than Ellie.But I am more than happy about it as I have been crushing on Lottie ever since I fell on top of her on my first day. I didn't think that she liked me back I thought she liked Ellie or someone, anyone but not me. But apparently even I'm wrong sometimes. 

Ellie called me to her and Lottie's room the next night for a 'top secret meeting'.But then she didn't even turn up so I just talked to Lottie which I'm not complaining about.

"Hey"Lottie said as I entered"Have you seen Ellie you know considering she actually called this meeting."

"Um no I can't say that I have but I'm sure that she'll be here soon."I said trying to be reassuring I but think I failed on that front.

"Oh ok then we'll see. Anyway, Jamie I wanted to talk to about last night considering what happened. I just wanted to say that when I thought about I realised that with you being a parzian and me a Portman how will this work?"She said it quietly as if the quieter she said it the less it would be true.

"Honestly Lottie, I don't entirely know but I guess it just all depends on how willing we are to fight for it."As I said it I already knew that I looked like I could cry, but I wouldn't, I couldn't I hadn't cried since I was four and even then it was only for a short time. I was punished for crying.

Lottie then came up to me and wrapped her small arms around me and I rested my chin on the top of her head. We stayed there for a while just standing close together and resting until Lottie quietly spoke and said,

"I'm more than willing to fight for it. I don't care if I have to go through hell to be with you Jamie Volk because I love you!"

"I love you too."I said, overjoyed.

Meanwhile

Ellie stood outside the door listening to her two best friends talking and her brain was in overdrive as she tried to take it all in. She had to admit she had liked Lottie a little but she could see that she loved Jamie and that she was happy and that was all that mattered to her. Ellie was truly delighted to hear that Jamie was finally opening up to someone and being who he should be, a teenage boy because after everything that had haunted his life he deserved to have something less complicated and she knew she could trust Lottie with that task. Lottie would help Jamie to finally relax a bit and maybe even get him to show some of his true personality. She knew it would be a hard task but if anyone could do it it was Lottie. Lottie was the one person that Jamie cared about equally to me and I was glad that he had finally found that person after 15 years of waiting all he had had to do was come to Rosewood Hall.