What happened?

Ellie's P.O.V.

I can tell something happened last night between Lottie and Jamie. I can see it in Lottie's eyes and as for Jamie he's more up tight than usual (and that's saying something!). All in all they just seem a bit formal around each other which is concerning from Lottie's point of view as she's never formal. So at breakfast I pulled Lottie aside,

"What happened?" I demanded, sounding a little too harsh.

"W-what do you mean?" I looked at her as if to say-you know what I mean and she cracked,"Help me I just don't know what happened Jamie was acting weird and seemed really off he like leaned in and... I'm so confused,"she said sobbing. I felt really sorry for her as I've been confused in my lifetime, a lot actually but Lottie's different-she's so innocent and childlike it's like watching a toddler cry their eyes out. Heartbreaking; I wish I could do something, I need to talk to Jamie.

I finally managed to corner him after 3rd period after what felt like forever, it was almost like he was trying to avoid me; oh yeah he probably was. When he calms down I ask him politely,

"Jamie what happened with you and Lottie last night and don't even try to tell me that you don't remember because if you didn't remember you wouldn't be avoiding her." I finished looking triumphant and smug and he looked like he could murder someone which I have to remind myself that he could if he wanted.

"It's nothing, I just forgot myself thats all. It's nothing to worry about so if you could just drop the subject that would be most appreciated" he said trying to walk away but I caught his arm holding him back.

"Jamie I'll find out anyway so you may as well tell me" I said thinking I'd won but of course...Jamie happened,

"Then you may as well go and find out anyway then"he whispered in my ear and then brushing past me leaving me fuming. Whatever you're hiding Jamie I will find out!