"Is this seat taken?" (oneshot)

Davids Pov

I look around the room, feeling uncomfortable. Maybe I shouldnt have come along.

I thought it would be fine, as the girls, Stephen, Ant and Dec and ofcourse Simon would be here.

Ofcourse they are nowhere to be found. I sigh and kick lightly at the ground, still trying to figure out what to do.

I look around the room, maybe I can find a familiar face to talk to.

Surely enough I spot Simon sitting by a table, all by himself, drink in his hand. I suppress a smile and stroll on over to him.

His searching eyes meet mine as I get closer, he smiles. "Hi there stranger" I smile as he chuckles. "Hello person I have never met"

"Thats what a stranger is, Simon"

He rolls his eyes "dont show off David, its enough you already do it so much on tv" I finally let out a giggle. Its so fun to annoy him, but I still see the hint of a smile on his face.

"But its fun dear. Is this seat taken?" I place my hand on the back of the chair next to him.

He leans back on his own chair "yeah actually, for my favorite person" he smirks.

oh

I plaster on a smile, trying not to let anything show "oh yes sorry my bad" I rub the back of my neck, forcing a laugh out.

He looks at me weird.

I decide to finally leave, turning around to maybe go outside. He probably wouldnt want me around when his favorite person comes. I curse my mind under my breath for being so bitter.

"Darling" I feel his hand on my arm, stopping me.

"What"

"Its you, silly" I turn around surprised, a grinning Simon staring up at me, his hand still on my arm.

"O- oh"

I stare blankly at him as the cogs in my mind turn.

"Oh" I wouldnt be able to fight away the smile on my face even if I tried.

And so I sit next to him, and we talk together the whole night. Guess it was worth coming anyways.