ch 11. text messages

me: where are you?

i texted Eddie not too long after i got home. i was so incredibly eager for him to arrive, so i could curl up next to him, hug him, kiss him, and finally feel like i could happily start my life with him.

streetlights from outside lit my bedroom as the sun set, and i stood up from where i was sitting on my mattress to change out of my work clothes.

a big grey hoodie and some leggings. not exactly pajamas, but comfy enough to be.

my phone vibrated, and i lifted it from my nightstand.

Eddie: waiting to tell Sophia goodnight.

i huffed. i couldn't complain about that.

me: okay

Eddie: be there after I talk to Willow

now that, i could fuss about.

never in my life had i sent a dirty text message or a suggestive picture to my significant other. i barely took casual selfies as it was, let alone any where i was trying to be sexy.

but when it came to Eddie, his love filled me with a confidence i had never felt before. it was exciting, and knowing i could get away with it convinced me that it was worth a try.

i stepped into my bathroom, turning on the light and eyeing myself in the mirror. i looked like a bum, my makeup worn off from the day and my hair sticking out every which way from underneath my hood.

grabbing my eyeliner, i frantically touched up the faded wings at the corners of my eyes, and dropped my hood to run my brush through my hair a couple of times. then i unzipped the hoodie, kicking my leggings off and standing there, partially exposed and bare-legged.

at least my bra matched my panties.

i held my phone up with anxious hands, watching the screen while sticking my hip out to the side in an attempt to show off what my hoodie wasn't covering. i brought my free hand up to my face and bit the tip of my thumb in an attempt to look bashful, yet cute, and pressed to button to take the picture.

when i looked, i was taken aback by how good it actually turned out. it was much better than the homeless-looking person i'd expected to see staring back at me.

i attached it to the message i sent him next.

me: please daddy, don't take too long.

sending that message sent a rush of adrenaline through my veins. i tugged my pants back on and went to lie on my bed, waiting for a response.

minutes went by before finally it vibrated again.

Eddie: Are you trying to get me in trouble

my face felt hot with sudden embarrassment, and i began to write out an apology when another message from him appeared.

Eddie: You're incredible, baby girl. You look so beautiful.

my heart soared.

i woke up to my bedroom door closing. groggily i sat up in the darkness, and turned on my bedside lamp.

Eddie smiled back at me in the dim light.

"sorry," he said softly. "i was just going to join you. i didn't want to wake you up."

"i fell asleep waiting for you," i mumbled. he climbed into bed beside me, sliding his arms around my waist and pulling me against him. i took his hands in my own and brought them to my lips.