Eight

"YOU ARE A bit friendly today." Athena said as John had followed her down to their seats, one hand in hers and another on her back. Athena felt this was wrong, he was a married man. Even though he didnt do anything but innocent flirting, it still felt wrong for her.

"The men, Erin, they dont have control around here." John said as they sat down, removing his hands from her. "If you werent with me, who would know what would happen?"

"Nothing, I can care for myself." Athena said, sticking her nose up in the air.

"Oh yeah, independent women from Oxford can take care for herself?" John said looking at her.

"Thats my label." Athena smirked. "Started from Oxford, now I'm in the lovely Birmingham."

"Its a shithole." John said as he grabbed a cigarette. "Why'd you come?"

"Came to Birmingham to, you know, humble myself." Athena smiled. John chuckled and nodded as he lighted his cigarette.

"You got jokes," He smiled and exhaled from cigarette. Athena looked over her shoulder, expecting to catch Thomas's piercing blue eyes. He wasn't there. The seat was empty.

"Shit," Athena said and got up. John looked at her confused and said something, but she didn't listen.

She walked up the stairs, smiling at every man who was looking at her. She got to the bar and ordered a drink .

When she got it, she took a deep breath and started to walk towards the target.

"Sorry, is this seat taken," Athena said sweetly. The man looked up at her confused, but smiled when he met her eyes. "I gave my seat away to an elderly couple.."

"No worries, love." The target said, Athena looked ahead at the pitch. She could feel his eyes on her. "You like football?"

"Not really, I'm more a women of dresses, heels, jewelry myself." Athena said, she was afraid she might have said it too soon. "And, you-"

"Marcus Demphis." He said, showing his one gold tooth.

"Do you, Mr Demphis, like football?" Athena turned her head and smiled sweetly.

"Yeah, miss-"
"Erin, Erin Manning." Athena said as he grabbed her hand to kiss it. She looked ahead and caught the eyes of John.

"I think it's a fun hobby." Marcus said, he wasn't focused on the game at all. "To be a women who loves jewelry, you barely have any."

Oh fuck

"I know, it's quite embarrassing to say the least." Athena said as she removed a hair strand from her face. "I was actually robbed a month ago."

"Robbed? That's quite unfortunate," Marcus furrowed his eyebrows. "Almost sad seeing such a pretty women without any real jewelry."

"I know it's quite the shame," Athena said, she shook her head and started paying attention to a big riot on the field. "But it's fine, I can work my way up to that kind of money."

"I actually work in selling jewelry, I have an eye for real and fake." He said bluntly after a few minutes of silence. "Would you like to see any of my newest incomes?"

Athena looked at him, acting shocked and playfully tapped his shoulder. "I would be honoured."

She looked ahead to see where John was, he was gone.

$$$

They were walking towards his car. He had been holding a tight grip on her from the moment they stood up to walk to the car. She felt uncomfortable, but knew she had to do this.

When they stopped, they had arrived at a big black car with big trunk. Right away he started to pin her towards the car and kiss her neck.

Sharp breaths and sloppy kisses all over Athena's neck, she didn't like it.

"Mr Demphis-" Athena said as she pushed him roughly off of her. "could I please see the jewelry."

"What?" He said and looked at her, wiping his mouth. "You're just a greedy whore after my money?"

"What? I-" Athena started, but before she could finish a punch was thrown aimed right at her face. She didn't expect it and it hit right on, she fell back from the impact.

"I have had enough of greedy, little sluts-" Marcus said grabbing her hair and lifting her up. Athena saw the opportunity and kicked him right between his legs.

He fell down on his knees, grabbing the dirt harshly. Athena kicked him again in his stomach and then kicked his head so he would fall over.

"You like that you greedy slut?" Athena said as she wiped the blood coming from her nose.

"Erin, bloody hell-" Athena turned to meet Arthur's wide eyes. Behind him were all the other peaky boys.

"Did we even need to come? Erin's got him in the bag." Isaiah laughed as he gave her a high five. He started to tie Marcus up, while the others were getting the jewelry.

"Little girl from oxford got some hands," John chuckles walking up to her. He looked at her face and furrowed his brows, but still kept his smile. "You alright, love?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Athena sniffled. John gave her a quick hug and a shake from the side, it felt nice. It wasn't anything sexual behind it, it was just a friendly hug.

"You did good, Erin." A low voice said as the hype around her had dimmed. She stood alone with Thomas as the others emptied the car.

"You guys could've come sooner," Athena said honestly as she felt like she didn't have quite control over the situation.

"I think you handled it well, Athena." Thomas said patting her on the back. "You are turning out really good."