Nine

"I STILL CANT believe you fell in the bathroom during the riot," Grace shook her head wiping the counters. Athena has woken up with two bruises under her eye and a bunch of claw marks.

"Believe it, because it happen." Athena smiled and grabbed a clean cloth. "And it hurt like hell."

"Yeah while you gals had an amazing night," Harry sighted as he picked up a piece of broken wood. "They came and trashed the place."

"Who they?" Athena furrowed her brows. When she came into the Garrisons late last night there were so many broken things.

"I don't know, probably some Eagles supporters." Harry said in a tired voice. He knew this would take all day to clean up.

"That won't be needed Harry," Thomas said walking out of the vip room. Behind him were two men with measuring sticks. "This place is being renovated."

"What?" Harry said in disbelief. "Renovated?"

"Yes, Harry, you are being bought my The Shelby company." He smiled as he handed him a legal document.

Harry stood there silently. Reading the papers, he was speechless and had a worried look on his face.

"But, Tommy, I don't want to stop worki-"

"If you want to work you can Harry, but your legal boss is now us." Thomas said as he grabbed the papers back again. "The Shelby's."

"That's wonderful, Thomas." Grace smiles and gave her man a hug.

Athena didn't know how she felt. She knew they had control over her, but with the Garrisons she's fully under control. It was scary. She never knew when she would be kicked to the curb, killed or left. It's not like she's any special.

"We are still going horse riding, Tommy?" Grace said as she held onto his coat.

"Yes Grace, we are still going horse riding." Thomas rolled his eyes and handed the documents over to the men behind her.

"Sorry, that I'm asking so much-" Grace smiled happily. "I just haven't been horse riding in such a long time."

"Sorry, Harry half of your staff are going horse riding." Thomas shook his head and threw an arm around Grace.

"But I really need all the help I can get, mr Shelby." Harry said almost frustrated. Thomas turned his torso and looked at Harry with a stern look.

"Don't worry Harry, that's our job now." Thomas said cold. "I'll have this place fixed by tomorrow, take the day off."

A day off, that actually sounds nice.

"Not you Erin, you have some other work."

$$$

"Grace, go to the car while I show Erin around." Thomas said as he pointed Grace towards the car.

"Welcome back to the betting shop, Erin." Thomas said and opened the door, letting her walk in first.

What Athena notices first was all the noise and men around the betting shop. The desperate men flung their money at the peaky boys, giving their bets.