Fourteen

Athena was nervously washing the dirty tables and glasses as more peaky blinders were coming in.

She had no idea when the shots would be fired or who was firing them. She could be giving them a beer or washing their table for all she knew.

"Where's Grace, Harry?" Athena asked worried as she couldn't see her coworker anywhere.

"She called in sick all of a sudden." Harry answered with a shrug.

Not surprising, Thomas would never set Grace unintentionally in danger.

Athena spots the Shelby brothers walk in, a lot more serious than normal. She saw them make their way towards the bar, where she was standing.

"You alright, love?" John said nonchalantly as he put his hand on hers. Athena shivered at the touch of his cold hand.

"I'm scared, John." Athena honestly admitted as she felt her throat getting tighter. John put his other hand on her neck pulling her closer.

"I won't let anyone hurt you." John whispered in her ear. Athena put her hand on his. After they pulled away their eyes locked for a few seconds.

"John." Thomas nodded as he walked towards one of the booths.

"It's gonna be alright, Angel." John said as he walked away to sit in one of the booths.

"Why is everyone so quiet?"  Harry asked as he noticed how only Thomas was the one sat down and the others were sitting in different booths away from each other.

"I don't know." Athena lies and kept on mopping the floor.

They heard footsteps, Athena saw several guns reveal themselves. John was on the nearest booth and gave a nod to Thomas once he saw people come in.

There were five men, probably cousins or other brothers of Jack and Joe, they looked awfully similiar.

"Mr. Shelby." One of them stepped forward, he was short with brown hair and had a are over his face. He walked towards the table and sat by Thomas. The four others stood behind him and looked around. The rest of the pesky blinders acted aloof.

"You probably know why I'm here." He said bluntly. Thomas swirled his glass around and shrugged.

"Don't act stupid with us." One of the other relatives steps forward, aggressively. Athena noticed how all the peaky boys cocked their heads and turned to the table.

"Jack and Joe, is it?" Thomas said coldly.

"That's right." Their main man said. Athena could tell the brothers meant a lot to them from the emotion in his voice.

"You came her for revenge." Thomas said as he leaned back, Athena noticed how he grabbed his gun slyly.

"More of a compromise." The man with the scar folded his arms. "To save a war."

"Alright, lets hear it." Thomas said.

"Your men and wife killed someone we love."'he said bluntly. "Give us your wife."

"You want my wife, for the lives of your men." Thomas raised and eyebrow. "What are your plans for her, killing her, selling her off?"

Are you seriously debating the offer?

"Better than her slaving over left overs." He laughs lowly. Suddenly all eyes were on Athena. Thought a man of your standard would have your wife living in wealth?"

"Sometimes she needs to be put in her place." Thomas smirks. He looks at her, dark eyes and a thoughtful stare. "Come over here,
Love."

Is he fucking serious? Is he selling me off?

Athena walks over slowly. She caught the eyes of John, he looked confused. Athena got close to Thomas and she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Is that it, gentlemen?" Thomas said as he placed a loose hand around Athena.

"Maybe less clothes and we have a deal." The men laughed as did Thomas.

"Are you serious?" Athena said loudly, she was pissed. Emotions got the better of her. "I am your wife and you're selling me off like a tramp?"

"Calm down, Love." Thomas said as he got up. He held around her.

"We'll take good care of ya." The man with the scar smiles and puts a hand on dress.

"That won't be necessary." Thomas said as he put the gun up and fired it. He pulled Athena way, but used her as a human shield until they reached the bar.

This fucker.

Now it was open fire, but it died down quickly as non of them were ready for a gun fight and they were outnumbered.

"Everyone ok?!" Thomas said as he got up from the bar once the sound had died down.

"Yes, they didn't see it comin'." Arthur smiles as he jogs to the bar. "A rum, love."

Athena stood there in shock. She was nearly killed and they were fine, Thomas didn't care if she died or not.

Athena looked at Arthur before putting a whole flask on the table and then moving around the dead men towards the door. She needed space, this was close.

Athena walked quickly, she needed to think and calm herself down. Even though it was a short lived gun fight, she was fazed.

She felt a hand on her back.