|PROLOGUE|

My guards were up and I was well built, atleast to me I was. My opinion about life was straight, unexpected things were just the most normal things you can expect and it wasn't a surprise to me at all when Daniel Reid DeMorgan came like an unforecasted storm and took me away with its flow. Not even close.

I was hit with the big waves, thrown to the sides, and finally I landed near the shore. That's when I realised I could've never kept up with his speed, or even with the way he moved recklessly. He crashed, thundered, and broke into endless tears violently. He was the storm I had to go through no matter what and he loved to be the storm who brought trouble, while I found them messy. He was messy. Be it his almost non-existing family, day to day issues, group of hypocritical friends, numerous girls claiming to be his lover were all a great mess.

I knew all the way I would end up losing my mind when we part but that didn't stop me from falling for him. I feared, but I didn't care.

Maybe it was the time when he said I was like the colour blue, slowly fading but confident, truth and pure. I remember how I smiled and said he was the red to my blue, so powerful with passion, desire and love. It seemed like we had it all, but only we both knew whatever it meant was not something that could last forever. Because I was slowly fading and he was too strong to be controlled by me.

Maybe when he held me in his arms and promised to never let go, but forgot the fact that we were too young to understand phrases like promises are meant to break one day. I was naive, and he was never wrong about anything.

Maybe the way he kissed me in the middle of my ranting how we could not possibly end up together and he said he would align the stars for us. I was too dumbstruck to say anything in return, and he only proudly smiled even when he said something he already knew was not true.

In all process, I fell for him. I fell in the way he smiled and lied through his teeth, the way his hand always found its way to mine and fitted perfectly in, the way he pulled me along the corridors, the way he got easily envious of anything I appreciated other than him, the way he sang to Led Zeppelin's Stairway to heaven in his car, and how suddenly, out of the blue he'd kiss my forehead and say, "You're beautiful."

I didn't believe what he ever said or the fact that he painted a whole wall of me, but I felt happy and that's what he made me, who loved to hide behind her classic novels, dreamy and lost girl feel. He made me feel out of this world, when I was practically no one but known around Grooves High for her infamous brother Jeffery, the youngest quarterback.

Like everyone at the beginning I too saw him only as the obnoxious guy, who rode his motorcycle around the town. He walked places like he owned them so confidently, but he had more flaws than one could ever count. I envied him, but that was only until I discovered how many layers deep his wounds ran. Outside he was the Dani he wanted the world to see but in the inside he was only trying to survive everyday. He was so stuck in between the two, one moment he'd shoot a man coldheartedly and next he broke into endless tears forcing me to run away from him. That's just who Daniel Reid DeMorgan was.

And I was only waiting for the day he would come running to me and say, "I'm finally tired." Until then I had to keep the dried purple lilac in between the pages of my Dear John copy and carry it everywhere I went.

******

All copyrights are reserved 2019.

| Thank You |