|Chapter Six|

This morning when the copy of Wuthering Heights slipped out of my hand, I thought it to be a pure coincidence but what I never thought was that I'd carry my bad luck for the rest of the following day. Elle and I got separated during the English because we were too noisy, I got detention for using my phone when I only checked the time, Jeff made it clear that he won't wait till my detention ends meaning I have to take the bus and I was informed to report to the principal's office in my free period.

I lazily dragged my feet, watching the concrete floor underneath my shoes, and passed a group of students crowded around the notice board when one of them said, "Heard Froy got slapped by the chief's daughter and the drama club is recruiting new cast this time?"

Chief's daughter? I have a name.

"That's not more shocking than what I heard, Dani is joining the club", another girl announced, excitedly to which some others jumped on their bones. I found it overboard, although it was nothing new to see.

Sometimes I felt envious of Dani, not because of all the unnecessary attention he got but because even if he did all the wrong things, they still loved him, loved him even with his flaws. Literally worshiped him, while there are people like me whose trying to avoid creating rumours at all cost but failing. Also, rumours that are to be spread by people who doesn't even remember my single syllable name. Sad, isn't it?

Just when I decided not to run into another jinx for the day, I was thrown out of my own decision. It was not in my will power after all. Davis wasn't on his seat like I thought, he was nowhere in his office to be seen. Instead Dani was seated on one of the chair. I pulled the chair next to his, that's when he noticed my presence and lifted his eyes off his phone. He ignored me and went back typing. I sat down too, and pulled out my novel before I started reading.

Not after too long, but long enough to get myself completely drowned in the pages, the door squeaked open and I was annoyed due to the disturbance but then I realised I was here to meet Davis anyway. I closed my book and put it away while Davis passed me a smile. "How's my old mate doing these days?"

"A bit tired, but he is fine", I smiled.

"Yes indeed tired, last week met him at the pub. He refused to stopped drinking", he sighed sadly. What? Dad drinking? I don't remember him getting drunk since the day he promised to sober up to Heather after he drowned himself in alcohol for mom's death.  "Anyway, the reason you both..", he stared at Dani, before he slammed the table to get his attention. He finally looked up and took off his air pods.

"So why am I here again?", Dani asked, leaning back on the chair comfortably as if he was the authority here and held some power.

Davis brushed off his obnoxious behaviour with an eye roll and asked me, "Why did you decide to quit?"

Because Froy thinks he could slave me around, rule with his leader title and bring up dad's name between our conflicts and still thinks he could get away with it. I didn't fight back all these times, because I had a little hope if someday he realises his mistake, at least we won't have more hate than the love we had. But he crossed his lines, not only now the hate was more but also enough. I had enough of him. I am not running away by quitting, I just prefer to stay from unnecessary people who will degrade my life, but classic novels won't. No, I didn't say all that. Here's what I actually said, "I think my grades in science is dropping. Extra grade is important, but so is science for me to graduate."