|Chapter One|

I walked, no I stumbled my way out of the dim-lighted room, the slow music was playing in the back far behind as I did. I left the fire place I was sitting near, it was quite warm. My visions were blurry, and with my shaky footsteps one ahead of another I reach the last step of his porch. Looking back, I saw the house I've been secretly calling my second home from the moment he introduced me to his family, "This is Leah, my girlfriend" and now it felt foreign to me suddenly. So many unturnable memories came back, but he didn't. How he welcomed me then to how cold it felt now, I kept watching as if I saw my world flip there. He had to make out with my best friend on his birthday and ruin everything we had, didn't he?

I bitterly smiled at the unfamiliar feeling that was starting to settle down in my stomach while I still managed to keep my tears at bay. Betrayal was hurting me everywhere inside and the cold was biting my bones outside. I saw Dakota waving at the people through the window, acting like a host and Froy rather looked guilty when his eyes landed on me. I thought he was better than this. Pathetic, I fell for a pathetic man.

I chew my lower lip to stop it from quivering uncontrollably as I turn around and made a run to my car. After rubbing my eyes clean with the back of my hand, I revved the engine and pulled off. I drove under the dark night sky with my windows rolled down, finally letting my tears roll freely and then get swiped by the strong wind.

I shut my eyes close and leaned on the steering wheel, seeking for some sort of comfort but all I felt was cold and tired. The scene of them kissing so casually on the couch where we cuddled to classic movies till late nights, kept running back and forth in my mind. They looked so... easy. Was it so easy for them to hurt me?

All my efforts to be a perfect girlfriend and a best friend went all in vain, only to leave me in such pain. The two people I trusted the most, one I could give my everything up for and the other who knew all of my deepest secrets, pushed me into the abyss they digged together. I was betrayed by them.

I clutched the steering tightly with my fingers in a death grip, I knew a walk down to the memory lane would only make me feel miserable, so I was cursing myself to not, when suddenly there was a loud commotion and I stepped on the brake, hit my head on the steering in the process. For a moment I thought I will pass out, miraculously I was able to lift my heavy head, squinting my eyes to see what just happened ahead. I hit a trash can.

"Damnit shit!?", cursed a voice. I turned to my left and saw a person lying on the sidewalk with his motorcycle next to him. Slowly coming to my sense, I quickly unlocked the door and climbed out. I felt dizzy, but I had senses enough to keep me walking straight. I wasn't fully drunk, but I felt rather brave. On a normal day, my arse would be gone by now and on that note, on a normal day this would never happen to begin with.

"Dani!", I gasped when I saw the person. His eyes were tightly shut, was he groaning in pain? I don't know. Was his butt hurt? I don't know. And luckily when I ran my eyes through his whole frame, he wasn't bleeding anywhere, at least not externally. Internally? God I prayed he didn't.

And surprisingly for someone who just fell, he smoothly stood up, brushing his clothes and then picked up his motorcycle. "Hails?", he sneered, almost angrily. He put his hands on his hips this time, closed his eyes and took a long breathe in before letting a sigh fall out. He was either telling himself to calm down and not kill me or he just needed to take in all the oxygen to make sure he was still alive.

"Um.. sorry", I said, my voice as quiet as the night. "Are you hurt somewhere?", I asked as politely as I could.

"Luckily no", he turned to me, I noticed he was dressed in his usual dark jeans, a sweatshirt with his hood on and an oversized denim jacket over because boy, was it cold. "Wish I could say the same about my baby", he said moving his head towards his bike. He raised his perfect brows at me and I stared at him, confused. "Guess you earned yourself a ride with me. How nice, right?"