|Chapter Ten|

I didn't expect after last night, the way I saw him fall down on his knees is the same person who was leaning against his locker, laughing with Lara in his arms while she had her small, slender arms wrapped around his waist and face hidden in his chest as she laughed at something Tyler said. I turned my face away from them and tried to walk pass them. My locker was only three lockers away from his.

"Never saw the dude running faster.. fuck he was even naked and.. hey, Leah", Tyler unexpectedly greeted in between narrating whatever fun story they were sharing. I passed him a small smile that I managed. Meanwhile Dani stopped laughing and I saw Lara smirk at him. I found that annoying for some reason so I quickly dumped my bag inside the locker and pulled out the books.

"Dakota Hans is worst than a whore, she deserved it", Lara loudly said, like she was announcing to the whole Grooves High. But I had no clue what they were talking about. "That's what she gets for whoring around with her best friend's boyfriend", she added.

"Not like Froy Wensley was any better", Tyler scoffed. "Right, Leah?"

I realised then I was still glued to spot in front of my locker. I was not only loss at words, but also lost. What was happening? Like in cue to answer my doubts, Elle came running towards me. She was huffing and pulled her scarf down exposing her wide grin under it. "Froy and Dakota got caught..", she said breathlessly, "..they got caught having sex in the backstage last day after everyone left. Bless the person who recorded it." She laughed but I found nothing funny and kept an indifferent face. I was hurt, but not till the point to expose them like that and then celebrate it. If I let go of a person means I've got nothing to do with his or her life, also meaning either they are happy or sad shouldn't be of my concern.

I said nothing in return, not like I could make them understand my so complicated thoughts. To me, it seemed same as the night I saw them kiss in front of me and I have already shed enough tears on them. Kiss or sex, cheating was cheating. And I wasn't going to breakdown all over again for the same reason twice. At the same time, I won't laugh at someone's dismay which would make me look no different than a revenging person. Only revengeful people stick to their past, not people who knows better than that.

"Leah", I heard that not so familiar but clear, gentle sounding voice of the guy who sent me to school this morning. He signaled me with his head as if telling me to follow him, although I found it strange but it was far better than being in the presence of Dani and his friends.

"Elle, I will catch up with you later", said that I left, ran after Dean to catch up with him. He didn't slow down and we kept walking until we were behind the school. We sat down at the last step of the staircase and he pulled out a thermos flask from his bag, before he poured a cup for me in the cap itself.

"You always carry that?", I asked taking the cup from him.

He looked straight at the basketball court nodding. "I rarely get to sleep, so this is what keeps me going. I like my coffee strong", he said.

I took a sip, "Indeed strong."

"They are suspended for a whole month. How do you feel?", he asked, before taking a sip from the flask directly.

"Nothing", I answered honestly. "It has got nothing to do with me." Finally I got used to the bitterness of his strong coffee and I liked it.

"But there is something I think you should know", he turned very serious and I waited for him to speak. Although Dean talked in circles and I could never follow the lines he drew, but still I liked to listen to them. Hoping maybe someday he'd finally explain all his circle talks to me. He looked around before he continued to speak again, "You should be aware of the person exposing Wensley is no one else but.."