|Chapter Four|

Monday, the day was finally here and I had to face everything I was trying to run away from the past two days. No more boyfriend to hang out with, no more best friend to share my problems with instead bear the sight of Froy and Dakota acting all lovey dovey, and most importantly... Dani.

Dad looked so worried, and then he kept on asking me if I and Dani were really close or something. What is that something even means? We walk pass the same hallway almost everyday, but never once we actually did talk. I know his name because he was popular around here, and he knows my names because.. wait, how does he know my name? I tried to go as much unnoticed as possible, if not in my class you can always find me in the library with a classic in my hand.

Library, that's where Froy and I went for our first date. He didn't complain, he only said that's something he always wanted to do. Have a peaceful date. And we discussed about how good of a father was Atticus Finch.

I promised myself to never think about us anymore, there was no us anymore but I still ended up, didn't I? I hopelessly and miserably failed in my first love. From the far corner of my eyes I saw Dakota coming up to me hesitantly, and Froy tailed on her heels. I walked faster.

"Leah, wait", she yelled. Not only did I stopped, but every other soul walking near me did. I had no choice but to turn around. She looked as if she pitied me and that was pathetic to be honest. Her eyes all teary and red. "I know you hate us, but we didn't mean to hurt you", she started.

Us? We? I felt my blood boiling at the sight of them standing beside each other, not because they were together, but because I trusted them the most.

"It's just happened. We are sorry", she said, dropping her eyes down like in shame.

Just happened? No, Dakota you don't just wake up in the morning and think, 'oh let's just make out with my best friend's boyfriend and will say sorry about it the next day and act like nothing ever happened'. No, that's just don't happen like that. I had the answer prepared in my mind, but my mouth refused to speak up, instead I was trembling with I don't know if it was fear or anger anymore. If I stay one more second, I'd collapse I knew, so I turned around and ready to run when I bumped into a hard chest. It felt like it wasn't the first time I hit something so hard and again, I was on my butt.

"Looks like you can't stop falling for me, Dork."

Dani again? Why?

Dani walked past me with his group of popular, but hypocritical friends (as if I had the loyal ones) without even helping me to stand up first. I never expected, anyway. He was too cool with his hands shoved in his pockets, head held high, to bend down over to help someone like me. I stood up with my books.

"How many fucking times do I have to tell, I don't like crowd in the hallways when I walk?", Dani seethed. He was annoyed, and he never liked others breaking his rules. Everyone quickly cleared the way and scrambled on their own way, I took this chance to escape too along with the crowd.

My first class was English, that I luckily had with Elle. As usual she was sitting near the window, chewing her gum, pushing her glasses up after every five seconds that kept slipping due her head buried in her English book. I knocked on the desk to get her attention.

"Hey, mind if I sit with you?"

"Why? Isn't Dakota coming?", she asked, her eyes travelling to the doorway. At the same time, the two walked in. "Well,.. all I can say is shit", she slowly concluded.