|Chapter Seven|

I wasn't used to, not at all used to this amount of attention I received when I only walked along with Dani and his sweatshirt that rested on my arm. But, he looked more than just relaxed, munching on his packet of chocolate because he was very much used to it. When I gazed at him from the corner of my eyes, I caught him licking his long fingers that were coated with chocolate and I immediately look away, it did give me some wrong ideas. I concentrated at the concrete floor, as I grasp his cloth tightly into balls. What was wrong with me?

He acted like a kid, yet everyone found him attractive, including me. Maybe his dark brown eyes had a different kind of glint, so mesmerising. Or, maybe the way his black curly hair covered his right eye, the way he smiled with one side of his full lips titled up like a devil, and the way his fingers held the paint brush like he held a delicate cigarette between them as he painted.

"You're staring", he suddenly commented, throwing the wrapper in a bin as we passed by. "And it's rude to stare."

I didn't utter a word in return because whatever he said was true. I did stare. Silently like I was told, I followed him to where he parked his black matte '68 camaro ss. I wasn't surprised when I saw Tyler and Cain, hanging out in the lot with some girls from the cheer team. "Babe, you're finally here", squealed one of the girl with strawberry blonde hair, came running before she clung onto Dani. He smirked at her before wrapping his arm around her little waist, and literally shoved his mouth in hers.

Tyler was the one to acknowledge my presence and for once I was grateful. He smiled at me, and I noticed how warmer he looked than compared to Dani and Cain. "Forgive my rudeness, but are you really Leah Marian Hails hanging out with the retards? I mean us", he made a fake shocked face.

"I'm here only for the detergent", I said.

"First, I'm glad you're finally talking and second, may I beg your pardon?"

I chuckled lightly, shaking my head at his fake politeness. "And she also knows how to laugh", he added.

"I ruined his shirt, and seems like he only uses one type of scented cleanser..", I was explaining.

"That he also carries with him in his car..", he cut me off.

"Which is totally weird but okay", Cain finished it for us. Tyler and I, both stared at him like he had grown out an extra head.

"If you're done dorking around, take it and leave", Dani's voice came out in strained hiss and when I turned, I realised he was telling me. The girl he was busy eating face before, stood beside him with a smirk on her face. I recognised she was the infamous Lara Reinhart, Dani's only rumoured girlfriend. Rumours also had it that they are childhood sweethearts.

"Don't scare her", Lara scolded Dani, before she turn to me, "Leah, you're finally playing out of your safe zone. Does Heather know about this?"

What this?

The moment she took Heather's name, I saw Dani's face twitch. He looked nervous for a second, then he quickly opened his back hood and took out the detergent and shoved it to me, "Leave", that's all he said. I was stunned with his sudden change of behaviour, although he seemed cold most of the time, but there were fragments when he dropped his guarded walls down and they were down few moments ago. Now, it felt as if he put up another layer on his already shielded walls and I wasn't even allowed to peep in it, let alone cracking it.