1. The Worst Brother

Rachel laid painfully against the heavily burnt surface of the ship

Rachel laid painfully against the heavily burnt surface of the ship. It contrasting its previous colours dramatically. She could barely keep herself awake. She had fought and fought but one powerful blast ended her moments of power against them. Against him.

Every time she would look to her left she could see Loki. He stood tall and unscathed. Although he had fought back momentarily he soon stopped for reasons Rachel couldn't question. She didn't know much... but this guy was one man or rather Titan she never wanted to meet.

Valkyrie, Korg and Meik were nowhere to be seen. Rachel didn't know if they were among the dead or not. Rachel would like to think that they were alive but, something in the back of her mind was telling her otherwise.

Rachel didn't dare look behind her for two reasons: one of them being the four 'children of Thanos'. Three men and one woman. The woman was foreseen as a pretty formidable and smart. A warrior for sure. She held her guard and kept her staff faced towards Loki. Rachel did not want to make a move against her as she knew the battle would be over before it started. Her name: Proxima Midnight.

Another was tall and pretty skinny. As tall as his sister but way taller than Rachel by at least a foot and a half. His weapon reminded Rachel of Loki's sceptre. It being used to stab the victims for his mission. Corvus Glaive was his name.

The one next to him was a lot bulkier and taller. Maybe taller than the Hulk who like Valkyrie, Korg and Meik was nowhere in sight. He wore some heavy duty armour that probably didn't put much weight on his shoulders. Him being the biggest, he had the biggest weapon. A giant axe like creation. Cull Obsidian.

And the last skinny like Corvus but had a much more Squidward like esc about him. Him being the telekinetic of the bunch wasn't much help. It made it easier to take people out when necessary or stopping them from doing something rash. He may look weak but his mystic abilities were his strength. Ebony Maw being his name.

And the second reason for Rachel not turning back was all the dead men, women and children of Asgard. It being only half but still too many lives. Lives that not even the Revengers could stop. Rachel couldn't face the people she had saved, slaughtered. All of them laying lifeless.

"Hear me and rejoice..." Maw began as he walked towards his brothers and sister from the slaughter behind him. "You have had the privilege, of being saved by the great Titan... you may think this is suffering... no, this is salvation. The universal scales tipped towards balance due to your sacrifice. Smile... or even in death... you have become children of Thanos..." Rachel avoided Maw's eyes as she tried to sit up. It being barely possible with the amount of energy she had used.

"I know what it's like to lose..." Thanos, the 'Mad Titan' began his voice low but it boomed as he turned to look down at the person who laid at his feet: Thor. "To feel so desperately that you're right, but to fail none the less." Rachel's gaze lifted upon hearing Thor groaning painfully to see Thanos gripping Thor by the collar. "It's frightening... turns the legs to jelly." Thanos continues slowly stepping forward with Thor still within his grip. Rachel's eyebrows creased in worry and pain as she barely managed to rest on her elbow.