Chapter 19

Daniels Pov.

Corbyn and Ella were talking for a while so I decided to eavesdrop a bit. I quietly move closer to the trapdoor where the ladder is. I slightly open it and listen.

Corb: He scoffs, " I'm not attacking you, you just need to choose. Either Jonah or Daniel."

Ella: "You think I didn't know that already? Ugh, Corbyn I just want this to be over. I don't know who I want, I mean I want them both but..."

Corb: "but what?"  I get nervous about what's going to be said next and also I really need to try harder to win her over... I can NOT lose her. Not now.

Ella: "But I just can't choose... between the two of them I- I just can't..." She looks down at the floor and starts fiddling with her fingers nervously. 

Corb: "Why can't you choose?" He asks in a softer tone.

Ella: "Because if I choose Jonah then Daniel will be upset with me and he will hate Jonah. And it will be the same if I choose Daniel." She sounds really stressed by all of this...

Corb: "True... but you just have to talk to them... both of them. Okay?"

Ella: "Yeah ok, I will, I should go back up before Dani starts wondering where I have gone." 

Corb: "Alright, text me if anything happens or if you need anything."

Ella: "I will now bye Corbyn" Crap I should probably go sit back down before she comes back up. I go and sit back on the bean bag like and sit there like I was there the whole time.

Ella's POV.

I say bye to Corbyn and go back up the ladder. I get to the top and look over at Daniel, he's acting slightly strange but I just ignore it and sit back on the bean bag next to him. 

Dani: "So... what did Corbyn want?"

Me: "Oh uh nothing... he was just telling me what was happening with Lucinda and all that stuff."

Dani: "Right... well we have a lot of time to kill so what do you want to do first?" 

Me: "Hmm let's watch a movie" 

Dani: "A movie? Really?" I nod yes, "Alright then which movie?"

Me: "How about a scary one?"

Dani: "Sure which scary one? It?"

I get a flashback to when I made Jonah watch it and how by the end of the night he ended up in my bed with me...

Flashback

Gosh, I'm so tired. I put the laptop away and Jonah tries to get comfortable on the floor next to the bed. Minutes go past and we are just being silent. I can't get to sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see bloody Its face.

Me: "J-jonah.." I say leaning over tapping him on the shoulder.

Jo: "You ok?" He asks. That's sweet of him to ask.

Me: "N-no, not really." It's quiet, neither of us says anything for a moment.

Me: "Jonah..?" Jo: "Yes?" Me: "Can you come up here please..."

I hear him starting to move, a few seconds later I feel the bed move and now he's getting comfy.

"So much for me sleeping on the floor." He says laughing.

"I got scared..." I whisper. He laughs.

I keep moving around because I can't get to sleep. Jonah obviously realises that I am struggling to fall asleep because he puts his arm around my waist. 

End Of Flashback

Me: "Hmmm actually let's not watch a scary movie. Not while we are in a tree house outside. I'll get too scared."I say lying. 

Dani: He laughs "Alright, no horror movies" 

We end up watching the Incredibles. Halfway through the movie, I look up at Daniel and notice that he is asleep. I smile, admiring him. He is so fricken hawt like I can't even. 

Me: "I wish things weren't so complicated" I quietly say to myself. I get up to go put the laptop away.

Dani: "Whatever it is, it doesn't have to be complicated..." Daniel says softly behind me, still laying on the bean bag. 

Me: I turn around, "I thought you were asleep," I say. Why did he have to be awake? Gosh, dang it.

Dani: "I was almost asleep, but you talking and getting up woke me a little." 

Me: "Oh sorry..."

Dani: "It's alright," There are a few moments of silence between us, but he breaks it, "What do you wish wasn't so complicated?" Is he for real? I swear that this kid lives under a rock sometimes.

Me: "Like things between you, me and Jonah." I say sitting on the other bean bag again.

Dani: "Oh ok, well like I said before it doesn't have to be complicated..." He puts his hand on mine and we look into each other's eyes. He smiles.