The Sicilians

I was in the mansion sleeping in my room when my alarm clock rang like a stubborn kid which I had to punch to stop shouting for candy. It was my birthday and as usual, Nancy and I went to our mother's grave. It was seven in the morning when I got ready. I walked to Nancy's room and knocked.

Jacob: "Are you awake?"

Nancy was quiet as I knew she is still sleeping. I entered her room and saw her laying on the bed I sat at the edge of the bed and saw her face for a while. I promised my mother to take care of her at any circumstance in life. At the very moment, she opened her eyes and smiled.

Nancy: "Happy Birthday Jacob".

Jacob: "Thanks but how many times do I have to tell you I am Jack". I whispered to her.

Nancy: "Yes, but for the world and your work, but for me you are still my sweet Jacob". She smiled and in a state of half-asleep she hugged me, I could feel the warmth of her till this day, it was special.

Jacob: "Now come on get ready, we need to go".

Nancy: "Ok I will be ready in five minutes".

Jacob: "Yeah, five minutes I know you". We both laughed as I walked out of the room. I went out and a servant was standing holding my jacket.

Servant: "You're Jacket Sir". He started to help me wear it.

Jacob: "Is the car ready".

Servant: "It is". I went inside my blue car which was the color of my gang. In the country, there were three big gangs responsible for the drug business, the Sicilians (Red), Vice Lords (Green) and Jacks (Blue) which was my gang. I had come a long way from when I first worked for Sicilians but then I decided to recruit people who worked with me there and make my own gang, this resulted in giving Vice Lords an edge but in no time my gang came up forward and depleted them and I became the King of the Country.

Meanwhile, Nancy came and sat in the car.

Jacob: "Ten minutes, good you're improving".

Nancy: "I told you".

Driver: "Shall we go, Sir?"

Jacob: "Yes let's go". The driver started the engine and we went to the Graveyard in no time. We went to the grave and we prayed for her better afterlife journey. Tears were rolling off my eyes as I evoked how my mother made a cake for me on my birthdays, it was the moment I could not resist and hug my sister. After some time we went back to the car.

Jacob: "I think you should go back now".

Nancy: "Ok". After this, I felt that she wanted to say something but was unable to say because of many reasons and tension on her face.

Jacob: "What happened, do you want to talk about something?"

Nancy: "No, it's nothing, but just I was remembering Ma". I saw her into her eyes as she was going to cry, she hugged me at that time and sat in the other car to go home. I ignored the fact that she was in trouble and wanted to talk. I went back inside the car and we headed towards the headquarters. I was greeted by Bryan who was my most trusted employee, best friend, assistant, right hand.

Bryan: "Welcome Jack, so this the schedule for today, you have a meeting with". My conversation was interrupted with a phone call, this was my private number and it was only for my sister. I picked up the call as I knew something was wrong.

Jacob: "Yes".

The guy on the Phone: "Sir this is Mathew, your sister's driver, we were on our way when we got attacked by a group of people in red cars, they surrounded us and started shooting, I am sorry sir but your sister was shot too, I could not save her". After he stopped, I heard three gunshots and the call was ended. I was standing still, my eyes were red as if I cried with blood, and the anger in me was trying to tear my body and get out. Tears fell off my cheeks as I was losing control over my body after remembering Nancy, I fell off my knees.

Bryan: "Jack! What happened, Jack! Are you okay"?

Jacob: "The Sicilians". I answered in a broken voice.