The Old Woman

Some days passed by and I lived with Carly, not knowing what the outer world is doing. I was living a life I never thought about. But one night it was unusual. I slept and I had the same dream as before. The light and my mother and her words which I was unable to understand. This time during the dream I was able to read her lips say something. She was saying, "The wrong path". I was unable to read what she said next. It was when I started punching the wall between us knowing that it was built with nothing but my mistakes.

I became so violent and started shouting when Carly woke up and quickly tried to recoil me.

Carly: "Jack, what happened, are you okay". I woke up and saw Carly shouting my name. I sat down and watched around me.

Carly: "Was this another nightmare".

Jacob: "No, it is a message".

Carly: "What do you mean"?

Jacob: "It was my mother, she was telling me something about a wrong path". Carly: "I think you should sleep now". I sighed when she put a hand on my face. It was difficult to sleep back but somehow I managed to. Next morning, I opened my eyes slowly when I saw Carly picking some boxes up.

Carly: "So you're awake now, please help me with these boxes, they are heavy like an elephant". I got up from the bed and walked towards her. I picked up the box and then put it on the stall. The window was opened when I saw an old lady holding a cardboard piece on which it was written, "You lose on the wrong path, and you win on the right one". I was muddled. The old woman saw me and started to walk towards me. I was standing still as I

didn't know how to react. 

Old Woman: "Son, how much for an apple"?

Jacob: "You can have one, it is okay".

Old Woman: "Do you think I am poor, just tell me how much".

Jacob: "What is this cardboard for"?

Old Woman: "Oh this, this is for guiding lost people like you".

Jacob: "What do you mean"?

Old Woman: "You will know". She grabbed the apple from my hand and went.

The next day I and Carly were sitting and talking about our pasts.

Carly: "So did you shot Jordi to death"?

Jacob: "I don't know, I just shot him".

Carly: "No way, you don't know". We were laughing, discovering things about each other until we heard a knock on the door.