Carly's Promise

I kept quiet for a moment but then I crawled back on my back to the table. My nose and teeth were bleeding. I could see that Carly was crying but still she was aiming at me.

Jacob: "Put the gun down Carly, it's over".

Carly: "No Jack it's not over, not for me". She looked at me as tears were falling off her cheeks.

Carly: "I am sorry Jack but you took everything away from me and now this is my chance as I promised you".

Jacob: "So this is what it's all about when I'm least expecting it, I thought you cared for me but it was bluffing isn't it? You broke my trust Carly, I have nothing left now so do what you came here to do. But remember one thing that I loved you and you loved me once".

Carly: "I can't love you, Jack. Someone else or someone better will love you but I'm afraid that someone is not me".

Without hesitating, she reloaded her pistol and aimed at me again. I closed my eyes as I felt it was the end for me. I was deeply in the darkness when I heard a gunshot. With my eyes closed, I checked around my body as there was no pain of bullet hitting me which made me panic even more.

I opened my eyes and saw Peter standing there, he was holding a gun which was freshly fired because it had smoke coming out of it. I quickly responded and saw around me. I saw Carly laying down on the floor with blood all over her. I was traumatized.

Peter: "Hey Jack are you okay, she was just going to shoot. Thank God I came. By the way, we won man, we did it. Vice Lords surrendered". I was standing there without any movement. Peter came near me and tapped my back. I quickly moved my head towards him as he saw my tears falling down.

Peter: "What happened Jack"?

Jacob: "I loved her, you killed the only person left in the world whom I cared about".

Peter: "I am sorry but she was aiming towards you and there was no chance she was going to resist hitting you with the bullet".

Jacob: "It doesn't matter if she was going to hit me! She didn't deserve it, she saw hardships in her life and this was her only way of redemption and you ruined it". I walked towards her body and grabbed her and hugged her. I was crying like a baby as I lost another person I loved due to my addiction. I picked her up in my hands and walked towards the stairs.

Peter: "What are you doing now"? I kept quiet and walked ahead. After I went down I saw that war was ended and some people were dead, some were crying over their wounds and some like me were broken from inside. I went up to my car and laid Carly on the back seat. When I closed the door Peter came to me and threw his head down.

Jacob: "What happened to you"?

Peter: "We found Bryan, he is no more".

Jacob: "No this can't happen, I saw him fight fearlessly and there was no chance someone could kill him"!

Peter: "We don't know where it came from but it was a sniper wound on his head, I think someone was hitting from the roof or somewhere top of the building".

Jacob: "No, someone wasn't but Ronnie".

Peter: "How could you say that"?

Jacob: "I saw him"!

Peter: "I think I should go now". I was feeling broken as I lost two of the most important people in my life on the same day. I was watching Peter leave but something inside me urged me to stop him.

Jacob: "Peter! Where are you going"?

Peter: "I don't know".

Jacob: "What do you mean by that"?

Peter: "Jordi fired me, so I'll probably find a new way of living".

Jacob: "Join me".

Peter: "Do you really trust me"?

Jacob: "I don't know but I think we can make a great team". He came back and we saw each other and then shacked our hands.