Fishing

****Lacey's POV****

A couple of mornings after that I went to go and have breakfast with Lauren and my mum for a little catch up. Lauren's been spending so much time away with her boyfriend that I've hardly ever got to see her really.

I had on my leather pants and a white shirt, along with my trainers and a statement bag.

"So Lace are things still good with you and Sam?" Mum asked

"Yeah we're actually doing really well. Like the other day at the football match he defended me and stuck up for me against his friends and I know that took guts." I told them. "I think we've both just got to the point where we've got enough dramas."

"Have you talked about the next steps?"

"We talk about it in passing but not seriously. We're both too in the moment to worry about what comes next." I told them. "Like when Lauren was my age I bet she never thought she would be where she is now."

"I thought I would have kids by the time I was thirty!"

"I think from a young age though I could always see Lacey was the more mature and motherly child. You used to carry them dolls with you everywhere and you never really went mad on the party scene."

"I think everyone thinks we're going to have kids pretty soon but we're definitely waiting a while for that."

"Good."

"What are you doing for your birthday?" Lauren asked.

"It's a while off but I think I'll have a big party. I mean it's not your birthday everyday and I have lots of new friends to celebrate with now." I joked which made them laugh. "Don't worry you'll be invited."

"I better be."

****

I wrapped up warm later on to go and see Harry and Tom with Demi. Apparently they were fishing so I made sure to bring a flask and a coat just in case it was really cold.

"You're like the mother of the group you know." Demi said. "I wouldn't have thought to bring us all a flask and some biscuits to keep us going. You've probably even got an umbrella down there."

"What can I say. I'm always prepared." I took a seat next to Demi across from the boys. "I didn't know you fished."

"I don't but he does." Tom said. "He's semi pro if you didn't know."

"Shut up!" Harry said at the reference he made. "You know Brockett apparently called me a fake Ronaldo and took that all really seriously."

"Is there nothing between you then?"

"It's hard because she's been blowing my phone up all week and I don't really know what to say. She's lovely but not for me."

"What about my lovely Chloe?"