Chapter 17

Rogue's pov

I sat in the Dining Room, waiting for Flora. It was only Sting, Rufus, Gem, Lector, Frosch, and I. We're the only people in the guild that get up this early. Frosch and Lector were sitting on the table playing a game of cards. Sting and I were helping them. However, Gem and Rufus who usual watches the game, are sitting at a table far away. They were both talking about something. I couldn't hear what they were saying though.

"Fro wins!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as Frosch threw his cards up in the air. Sting and Lector laughed. I smiled. Frosch then picked up the cards and set them back into the deck.

"Rogue."

"What is it, Frosch?" I asked him.

"Tomorrow is the Festival of Stars."

"That's right!" Lector yelled.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Sting asked, leaning forward in his chair.

"Rogue should ask Flora to go to the festival!"

I was stunned. I couldn't even utter a word. Gem and Rufus stopped their conversation, and looked at us wondering what was going on. I could tell my face was red, due to Sting laughing at me.

"Fro thinks so too!" Frosch yelled, raising his paw up, like he was voting for something.

"What do you say Rogue? Are you going to ask Flora out?"

I looked at Sting who was leaning back in his chair.

"N-No....," I muttered. "W-We're just friends......Right?"

Sting frowned.

"That was a terrible answer......You know what?!"

He stood up and banged his hands on the table.

"I'll help you!" He shouted.

"W-What?!"

He pointed at me.

"I'm going to get you and Flora to go to that festival! In fact.....I'll go tell her about it right now!"

My eyes winded.

"No! Sting wait!"

But he already left to go tell Flora.