Communications

McCree helped Hanzo dry off and they ran back to the apartment building. They walked into he lobby and could see Angela tearing up. She was hunched over the front counter asking the receptionist questions. McCree Hanzo walked up to her curiously.

"Miss Zeigler?" McCree asked.

They watched Angela's body shrivel after he spoke and she quickly turned to face them. Her scared eyes filling with tears. Her lip quivered.

"You, you McCree, Hanzo!" She trembled throwing her arms around them. They stared at her strangely.

"Angela, what's going on?"

"We didn't know where you guys had gone or when you were coming back!"
McCree sighed.
"Angela. We're here. We're fine."
"Still! It's too dangerous for us to go out without telling one another first! Genji was worried sick about you, Hanzo!"
Hanzo stared at her shocked.
"He was worried about me?"
She nodded quickly. She pointed towards the stairs.
"He's going door to door of every apartment to see if someone saw where you went."
McCree stroked his beard.
"Maybe we should all get some cellphones so we can keep in touch. How does that sound Ms. Angie?" McCree said diverting his gaze to her.
She nodded.
"That would be perfect. We can all agree to tell one another what is going on once we leave the building. Just in case."
The group headed upstairs to find Genji on the second floor talking with a neighbor. The lady at the door seemed frightened by his mask, but shyly shook her head at him. Genji turned to hear footsteps coming down the hall. You could tell how wide his eyes got. He quickly waved to the lady.
"Nevermind he's here!"
He ran down the hall and wrapped his arms tightly around his brother. Hanzo grunted in pain.
"Genji! Stop this! I'm perfectly fine."
"Thank our ancestors! You came back in one piece! I was so worried brother!"
Hanzo stared at him in surprise.
"He was worried about me?" He thought. "But I've..."
Genji finally let go.
"Will you please communicate where you are going? We still don't know this human world as much as we think we do."
"Of course Genji. McCree is going to get some cell phones for us to use."
"A cell phone?" Genji asked.
"Genji. It's just like a regular phone except you can take it with you wherever you go." Angela explained.
Genji turned back to Hanzo and Jesse and nodded.
"Yes, I would like that."

--------------------

"Are you sure?"
"Not yet. I just got a matching description from a traveler. He told me they were trying to get to Japan."
"Japan?!"
"Don't act so surprised Mr. Abner. Overwatch probably hooked them up."
"Why would Overwatch help a couple of criminals?"
"McCree betrayed me to hang around those losers. He became an agent a while back. Seems like he wasn't very honest with you, sheriff."
Nathan hit his head.
"You damn liar, McCree."
Ashe leaned over the table.
"So have ya finally come into your senses? After all we need eachother if we're gonna stop McCree and I can't have your feelings for him get in the way."

Nathan gritted his teeth and stared up at Ashe angrily.

"You don't gotta worry about a damn thing. McCree will rot in jail for everything he's done!" Nathan exclaimed.

Ashe smiled down on him.

"Then pack a bag sheriff. We're going to Japan."

——————————————-

"Extraordinary! Humans can communicate with these little devices?"

"Yes Genji. They are quite useful."

Genji tossed the phone around in his hands when it started to vibrate. It scared him and he dropped it to the floor.

"Gah what's it doing?!"

McCree picked it up.

"Careful Genji. These things break real easy." McCree looked at the screen. "Oh, Angela is calling you."

Genji grabbed the phone curiously and answered the call.

"Genji?"

"Huh?"

"Are you there Genji? I'm at the store and I was wondering if you wanted any shrimp. I know they're your favorite." Angela said through the phone.

"Angie! How did you get trapped inside of this tiny device?!"

Hanzo chuckled at him.

"No brother. Angela his calling you through her own phone. Hold it like this."

Hanzo brought the phone up to Genji's ear.

"Now talk as if Angela was in front of you."

"Angela?"

"Genji? Can you hear me now?"

"Um yes I can hear you."

"Great! Do you want shrimp tonight?"

"That would be great."

"Ok I'll be back soon. Bye!"

"Bye Angie."

Genji pressed the red button and smiled up at Hanzo. McCree gave Genji a thumbs up.