New Boss

McCree  chuckled letting out a wheezing cough. Angela stepped back in and checked McCree's vitals. After some time Angela found everything to be normal. She removed her stethoscope and sighed.
"Everything looks good Jesse. Are you ready to go home?"
McCree's tired eyes closed and he gave a small nod. Hanzo helped him from the bed. They walked down the wet street back to the apartment and began packing what little they had left.
"Hey Hanzo?"
"Yes?"
"Do you think anyone else will suspect me for Jacob's death?"
"No, I don't think so."
"I can't help feeling like there are loose ends."
"Other than this person who might've worked with the sheriff I don't think there is anyone who could possibly know. But Jesse?"
McCree turned to look down at Hanzo.
"You have taken Jacob's death awfully well. I'm surprised you are living with the fact that you killed him."
Jesse sighed.
"I know it's scary Han, but the truth is I didn't care much for him. Plus he threatened to sell ya for money. I won't let that happen again. I won't let anyone take you Hanzo."
Hanzo leaned into McCree's chest and put his arms around him. McCree brushed Hanzo's hair with his hand and held him firmly with the other arm. Hanzo looked up at McCree and put a finger to his chin suggestively.
"I'm so glad you're back."
"I missed you too sugar pea."
McCree kissed Hanzo's forehead. They continued holding one another for what felt like hours.
"C-could we not pack tonight? I-I just want to hold you and not let go."
McCree scoffed a bit.
"Of course darlin'."
Together they sat on the couch in eachothers warm embrace. Hanzo fell asleep against McCree's chest. Then he too fell deep against his shoulder.

●●●●●

"Well, this sure was a very eventful night." Anglea said.
"I am glad to see Jesse alive and well." Genji said. "But now that he is doing better and you get a break......A-Angela I-I've been reading about humans lately and I've learned some new things."
Genji was red in the face. He looked down at Angela who smiled gleefully back. He scratched at his head and trembled.
"I-I'd like to take you on what the humans call 'a date'."
"Yes."
"Huh?"
"I'd love to go on a date Genji."
"R-really?"
Angela nodded.
"O-ok uh, there is a Ramen shop down the street. Would you like to go there?"
"Sounds delicious."

●●●●●

"He's going home?"
"Yeah, I thought it was crazy too."
"Do you think this all sounds too easy?"
"No, McCree ain't that smart, but I have a plan."
"Don't you always?"
"Leave it to me. I just need you guys to be my back up. Lemme explain."

●●●●●

In the morning everyone was packed and ready to go. Hanzo and McCree took a cab to the airport and took a plane home. McCree opened the door to his home that was safely locked as Nathan left it. Other than the hole on the closet everything was left untouched. Obviously the food in the fridge was spoiled, but Hanzo thought to go to the market that day. They threw their bags to the floor and sighed falling onto the bed in sync. They relaxed for a minute and turned to look at eachother.
"I haven't even been here two minutes and it already feels good to be home." Jesse said smiling.
Hanzo showed a soft grin.
"There is still much to do around here. I'm sure this place has gathered some dust since we left."
"I honestly didn't think I'd see this place again."
Hanzo stood from the bed.
"I should get some supplies from the doc house. Want to join me? We could take a walk on the beach before we go."
McCree was slow to sit up.
"Of course."
The two walked down along the beach and up to the doc. Everything looked just the same as when they left. The same people plus some new ones. They all waved at them as they walked down the doc and went inside. The air was cool and refreshing as they stepped in and heard the familiar door bell when it closed behind them. They both walked down the isles grabbing supplies as it was needed. Then they heard someone walk around the corner. Their boots clicking against the doc floor.
"Another Bourbon please. Put it on my tab." They said.
McCree gasped. Hanzo looked up at McCree watching his throat roll as he swallowed hard. The voice sounded so familiar. McCree peeked around the corner to see a woman sitting at the bar. Short white hair sat under her hat and laid strait against her head. She turned and gave McCree a mischievous grin. Her bright red eyes darting back at him. McCree grinded his teeth staring back at her in anger. This trance was broken when he felt Hanzo pit a hand to his shoulder. He looked down at him.
"Jesse, is everything alright."
"No, it ain't."
He shuffled Hanzo to the back door.
"What's going on?" He asked.
"I'll explain later. Get back to the house. I'll be back, I promise."
Hanzo nodded and ran off. Jesse turned and started breathing rapidly. He pulled out his peacekeeper and walked up to the bar. The lady smiled and stood up to face him. He held his gun to her his hand shaking.
"Jesse McCree. Been a while."
"Ashe, you better have a good godamn reason for showing your face here."
"Cause I've brought company."
McCree gasped and turned to the open window in the doc house. Across the water he could see the scope of a sniper.
"Move and you're dead McCree." Ashe said taking her gloves off. "Easy now. Put that gun away."
McCree held his hands and his gun upward. He put it back in it's holster and put his hands back up.
"What do you want?"
"I want ya to work for me."
Ashe spoke with sarcasm.
"It's a shame the old owner was murdered in cold blood. Wonder who could've done that?"
"Ashe!"
"Such a shame. Anyways I've come to take his place. Someone's gotta run the fishing business."
She took a few steps closer to him.
"So just stay calm and keep up the good work. Don't tell you're little boyfriend anything or I'll tell everyone here that you're the one who murdered Jacob."
McCree felt his body tighten. His face was hot. He darted his angry eyes at Ashe.
"You fucking bitch."
"Ah ah, be careful Jesse. Just go along and I won't bother Hanzo." She got closer and whispered. "Is it true he's a mermaid?"
McCree was quiet for a minute, but kept composure.
"Mermaids ain't real."
"Sure they aren't." She touched a mic in her ear. "Stand down. Run home Jesse and come to work at 10:00 tomorrow."
He scoffed and stormed out of the doc house rushing back home.