27 정국의 친구 (Jungkook's friend)

A/N: First chapter of today's double update; 

Enjoy <3

____________

Jeon Jungkook (1)

Present day, on their way to the dorm:

Jeon Jungkook was watching the buildings pass throughout the window of their patrol car, returning to the location Namjoon had sent them through kakaotalk.

The new dorm where they were going to be protecting Kim Seokjim from rogue villains who burns entire buildings just to set aflame any kind of clue.

When they left the police station, Seo In-guk and Chanyeol were on the computers, had been without sleep for the past 48 hours and were trying to get another location or a culprit on that building adjacent surveillance cameras.

Shownu and Eun-woo had been sent in again as recon and had come back with absolutely nothing, no witness nor any sign of anyone suspicious.

The building had been stripped and the unknown person had been nowhere to be found.

The culprit was just a shadow walking between multiple human beings, hidden from the cameras by being camouflaged like a chameleon among a crowd of homeless men.

Now, they just had to wait for another lead or keep trying to revive the phone found in the river Han which was supposedly owned by Jackson.

Jungkook leaned his forehead against the cold crystal and it smudges because of the condensation of his respiration.

He wrote down on said condensation with his fingers, writing his own name and seeing the building traveling fast through the letters of '정국' and sighed.

If he closed his eyes, he could still see the undying flares behind his eyelids, devouring a building to its foundations.

Thankfully, nobody died.

They had time to escape before the flames got out of control. The emergency services only had to treat people with panic attacks, with small first or second grade burns or those intoxicated by the smoke and lack of oxygen. In addition, a lot of people lost their so-called home today, although a home is something which can be rebuilt again with enough effort, compared to losing their own lifes.

Jungkook sighed again, scratching his nose and sitting more comfortably on the seat of the car.

"What a day, huh?" Hoseok voice cut through their silence, stopping the car in front of a red traffic light and looking at the rookie with worried eyes. "First started as an amazing day... as could have watched a reality show of the year on live..."

But, Seokjin-hyung got the call and after that, hell broke loose on earth.

Hoseok was a little bit worried about their younger officer, as Kim Seokjin's was the first 'big case' in his career.