009: Husband and Wife

Originally, Jaejoong's body had always been weak. Added with his emotional turmoil during the weeks his fiancé went missing, and coupled with the preparation for the wedding, it was little wonder that Jaejoong wasn't in his best condition on the big day itself.

Thankfully, the wedding procession itself went without much trouble but the reception afterwards proved to be the hardest for him to bear. While the actual wedding had only around 50 guests, the reception was for about 300 people. Each and every one of them important people in the nation. Taking place at the Jungs' newest hotel, the ballroom's lavish decoration and grandiose entertainment reminded Jaejoong of the stark difference of their status. The Kims were considerably wealthy at their peak moment, but the Jungs, they're extremely affluent. The same can be said about their guests, all of them backed with extreme power and endless wealth. If not for this marriage, Jaejoong doubted those people would even spare him a glance.

However, surprisingly, Jaejoong did not really feel out of place. Not only because of his husband's silent support beside him, but, also because nobody in the Jungs' Main Family treated him and his family members like strangers. As such, none of the guests dared to slight him. At least, not in front of him.

Perhaps, Jaejoong had misjudged the Jungs' Main Family?

They even interacted with him and his husband pleasantly enough, well not that intimate but not that intimidating either. It might simply be because they're just not close? After all, the more well off a family is, the harder it is to preserve the warmth and loving ties of being family. But then again, why would anyone find troublesome marriage candidates for their own family members? It's something that Jaejoong could not fathom and since his husband did not offer any explanation on his own, Jaejoong did not feel like asking. He doesn't mind that kind of secret between them anyway.

Barely an hour into their reception, Jaejoong's vision abruptly darkened and as he was walking arms in arms with his husband at that time, he frightfully tightened his hold when his knees buckled at the same time.

"Wife?" His husband's voice carried a hint of alarm even as he steadied him and conversation nearby them died down, replaced with gasps and murmurs.

He called me wife. Feeling flustered yet exhausted, Jaejoong could only whimper and let his husband took care of him. He'd suddenly lost all energy and without his husband supporting his weight, he'll make an even bigger scene for sure.

"Jaejoong!"

Hearing Mother's worried tone, Jaejoong finally opened his eyes and weakly gazed at her approaching figure. "I- I'm fine- Mother. Ju- just-"

"Apologies, Mother-in-law. I think we would have to excuse ourselves early."

At first, Jaejoong hesitated and wanted at least his husband to stay. He felt it would be bad if both the grooms leave when they haven't manage to greet all the guests yet but when he remembered the reason they were married, Jaejoong silently nodded his agreement. His husband needed an obedient and acceptable wife. Jaejoong would definitely not fail him. After all, not only that Jaejoong's indebted to him, he'd also developed some romantic feelings for his husband now. There's certainly no way he would question, what more oppose, his husband's decision. Especially not in front of so many affluent people.

Yet, despite his best attempt his body would not cooperate and move properly.

Perhaps taking pity at the swaying of Jaejoong's body, his husband wordlessly scooped him up and carried him in his arms.

"Do not worry, I will take care of him. Please, everyone, try to enjoy the night although we have to retire for bed now."

Jaejoong distantly heard some teasing remarks but due to his condition, could not find it in him to be embarrassed at all. He only felt apologetic.

"S- so- sorry."

"Hm."

Of course, they'd naturally reserved the suite for themselves and the level below had also been arranged for family members. Nonetheless, given the fact that Jaejoong is a grown man, it's really impressive how not even once his husband slip or groan and he also managed to maintain his usual pace of walking. Even by taking the elevator, it took probably around 10-20 minutes before they arrived so Jaejoong found himself admiring his husband for quite a time.

"Can you stand for a while? I need to unlock the door."

Blinking his eyes, Jaejoong nodded. Yet, to his surprise his husband did not fully let him stand on his own. His husband's right hand had never released its hold on Jaejoong's body, pulling him close and stabilizing him effortlessly.

Jaejoong was then led to the living room and only when he's comfortably seated did his husband finally put some distance between them. He went off somewhere and Jaejoong took the chance to relax his body.

"Drink."

Opening his eyes, Jaejoong saw the offered glass of milk and was pleasantly surprised. "Th- thank you." Jaejoong slowly reached out for the milk and instantly, the glass almost slip out of his hand. Fortunately his husband's reflex was fast enough and only a few drops were spilled. "So- so- sorry."

"Drink." Again, he instructed but this time he brought the glass of milk directly to Jaejoong's lips. Not one to reject his husband's kindness, Jaejoong opened his mouth and slowly drank. Sip by sip, it's finally empty.

"Good." His husband disappeared again and Jaejoong closed his eyes to rest.

When his husband came back, Jaejoong was already feeling a lot better. Naturally, he offered a smile in order not to make his husband worry any longer. Staring at him fixedly, it took a while before his husband nodded as a sign of approval.

"Take a bath first." As if unsure, his husband added after a beat, "do you need help?"

Jaejoong instantly reddened and quickly shook his head. "N- no! I can- can-" He flushed even more at the amused expression slowly emerging on his husband's face. "I- I- on my- my own."

Still smiling, his husband agreed. "Hm."

Jaejoong had admittedly never moved as fast as he did right at that moment. Even if it's their wedding night, there's no way he'd willingly take a bath together with his husband right now!

Between bathing together and having sex, other people would probably say the latter's more embarrassing but for Jaejoong who had prepared himself for it, it's the other way around. He'd of course given some thought about his duties as a wife. He'd done his research and he'd decided that for that particular matter, he'll follow his husband's lead no matter what except for one thing; he's definitely not going to do it with the lights on! No! No no!

Jaejoong's fairly sure his husband would agree with his simple request. At least for the first few times... Right?

Anyway, since there's no way for him to abandon his duty and he'd already figured out a way to lessen the embarrassment, Jaejoong's more or less ready to lose his virginity tonight. But, the notion of bathing together had never cross his mind. At least, not tonight. No way!

How could he preserve his sanity and dignity if they were to get naked and wet in the bathroom together?!

How could Jaejoong hide himself in that kind of situation?

Even the thought of it is scary!

Right before Jaejoong escaped into the bathroom, he could clearly hear his husband's chuckle. However, he stubbornly decided to lock the bathroom door.