017: In Sickness and...

Recently, Jaejoong had started to worry about his own health.

He'd thought the headaches and stomach pains he'd developed because of not taking care of his body when Yunho fell ill would've slowly disappeared with time. However, both his head and stomach remained uncomfortable and even his limbs started to feel some strange tingling-like sensation. Worst, he was becoming more and more disoriented, often unable to focus his attention and had trouble recalling some memories. There were even a few times when he suddenly felt like his sense of gravity were gone, but luckily since whenever Yunho's around, Jaejoong's always in his arms so even if he's dizzy nothing would happen. Other times, he managed to ground himself on something every time it happened so thankfully, he hadn't really faced any mishaps. Yet.

Jaejoong, though he's widely known to have a weak constitution, had never experienced anything of this sort before. Sure, he's not strong or good enough to play sports or act recklessly since he was a little boy but his condition never deteriorate so badly unless he's under a lot of stress or was physically ill. But currently, Jaejoong is happy and he's not sick. There's absolutely no reason for him to be this unfortunate, right?

Not to mention, these kind of symptoms never appeared before and Jaejoong's honestly clueless why they suddenly appeared for no reason. Can't be because of hormonal changes after marriage, can it? They haven't had any intercourse, just kissing surely can't be that powerful that it'll ruin his health like that?

That's why Jaejoong, despite his dislike for doctors and hospitals, easily agreed when Yunho suggested they visit the hospital after he started shaking uncontrollably out of the blue. Even after he finished the long medical check-up, his whole body was still slightly shaking and Jaejoong's honestly getting a little terrified. Could it be that he's really sick? What kind of disease is it? Would it be life threatening? Jaejoong's still too young to die. What about his family? What about his husband?

Tearful, Jaejoong clutched at Yunho's hand tightly.

"Don't be scared. Everything will be okay." Yunho calmly promised, his other hand gently patting Jaejoong's trembling hand. The sight of the tremors caused him to frown but he said nothing more.

Currently, Jaejoong had been allowed to rest in one of the VIP Ward while they wait for the result of his check-up. With all the x-ray, blood test, urine test and others performed on him, it's normal to have to wait for a few days before being able to get the full result. However, it must be because of his husband's status and connections that they were promised the result only after a few hours and were even offered a room while they wait.

"Actually, we couldn't detect anything. Other than a little malnutrition, which is to be expected since he confessed not having appetite, Mr Jung Jaejoong is perfectly healthy."

Jaejoong definitely did not expect to hear that diagnosis. He blinked, his hold on Yunho's hand loosening a little. Then, why?

"Excuse me for asking, but are you sure you did not take any medication, or perhaps, supplements?" The doctor pursed his lips, definitely insinuating something. "Just tell me honestly, no need to be shy. You are a married man, if you want to conceive, it's nothing to be ashamed of."

Jaejoong, a little flushed, denied the possibility with a shake of his head. After all, they haven't done anything but some hugging and wet kisses. Of course, as a married man, there's no way he could confess that he's still a virgin. It might cause his husband to lose his face. Anyway, it made no sense for Jaejoong to take those kind of medicines to increase his chance to conceive. They had never talk about children in the first place so even for their first night, Jaejoong did not take anything despite his parents' advice. He figured he'll just follow Yunho's plan so whether he'll need to bear a child in the future or never have one for the rest of their life, Jaejoong would still just follow along.

"Are you sure?"

Yunho's expression slightly changed. "My wife would not lie to you, Doctor Lee. He is someone who won't even take a pill to cure his fever unless he's half dead and forced by his Mother, there's no way he could take any medicine on his own."

Jaejoong stared at his husband with a big question mark. How did Yunho know about his resistance for medicines? Oh. He must've investigated him. That made sense. But wow. What kind of connections he had that his investigation could yield such detailed result? After all, this little information about Jaejoong, very few people know about it. Even most of his younger brothers were not really aware of it.

"Ah, of course, of course. Forgive me. I was just a little helpless. If your wife had taken something, then perhaps his condition is caused by his body's incompatibility with it. Since he didn't, then even I feel strange."

Yunho pointedly looked at the old doctor, his frown deepening to show his displeasure, and Jaejoong sympathised at the nervous doctor. He could only be grateful that his husband had never directed such attack on him.

In the end, it was decided that Jaejoong would spend a few days in the hospital after all while the doctor promised to discuss the possibilities with other, supposedly more experienced, doctors.