EXTRA 02: Inside Threats

Yunho had thoroughly investigated Jaejoong when he decided to choose him. That's why when his wife started getting physically ill, apparently for no reason, he had already felt like something was amiss.

Although Jaejoong had a weak body, but it never interfered his everyday life, unless triggered by something.

But stupid him, thinking that Jaejoong must've known his body better than anyone, he actually believed it when his wife assured him he's fine. After all, everything seemed normal enough and he was, at the time, occupied with some residual clean up. It's no secret that the higher-ups had mixed opinion about his way of doing things and although he expected some disturbance, he never thought there's people crazy enough to try to harm him in this country.

This is the country he pledged his life and death for!

His very own country where his wealth and power are at their greatest height!

Have they no shame?

Third Master Jung, just like his late grandfather, had contributed a lot to this country's peace and growth. They are, after all, descendants of the royalty that once ruled this this country. Just because they let go of their absolute power as the country become more and more of a democratic country, it does not mean they let go of their attachment. What hadn't they done for the country? Their reach might be too deep and far that it can cause concern, their methods might be too ruthless and inhumane for others to accept, but wasn't it because of their love for the country?

Who can consciously say the country did not benefit from their every action and decision?

Of course, this time Yunho was royally pissed off and since there's enough evidence, the Ministry of Defence could only give him free reign to execute whatever retribution he deemed proper in order to pacify him.

Those people can easily be replaced after all. Some scandals, some accidents, and everything can be taken care off secretly and perfectly.

So Yunho miscalculated his wife's condition.

It's only when Jaejoong for no reason at all started trembling one day and looking close to tears, that Yunho remembered Jaejoong was still too young and he himself was far too reckless.

But, Jaejoong was not sick or infected.

Neither was he poisoned or drugged.

Then?

3 days of checking this and that, nothing came up. Yunho had even exhausted all his connections to get other medical practitioners' opinion, no matter traditional or modern, inside and outside the country without his wife's knowledge simply because he doesn't want Jaejoong to be more worried than he already is.

However, by that time his wife had miraculously and slowly, stopped shaking.

His appetite's increasing and he no longer complained of feeling nauseous or having stomach ache.

But Jaejoong wasn't actually medicated or treated in any way. Because his wife's condition was strange and the cause unknown, as his legal guardian, Yunho had in the beginning refused any trial-and-error method. So the doctors could only monitor his wife's condition, provide supplements and supervise his diet.

Yet his condition somehow improved?

Even a fool could easily see the connection.

Whatever it was that's causing Jaejoong to get sick, it's in his house.

So he thought back of his investigation from before and found himself exploding in anger.

Actually, the day Jaejoong was admitted to the hospital, Yunho had instructed Assistant Zhao and a few of his trusted men to re-check all the audio and video recorded in his house. Yunho had never intended to make it a secret but he never really told anyone either so whether his servants were aware or not about those devices, it's all up to their own ability. He also allowed his men to inspect every nook and cranny of his house in addition to a one-on-one questioning of not only the servants but each and every single person who'd been to his house.