Chapter 41: Opposite Poles

(Warning. Extreme Fangirling chapter. Those not comfortable with mature scenes, stop reading when you see the ******** you have been warned.)

"Rin?" She looked at my hand as if tutuklawin siya ng ahas. "Tara na?"

Her eyes darted between me and the pole. "Nagpo-pole-dancing ka?"

Hindi ko napigilang matawa, "It looked really fun watching you, and no I don't. I did have an ex who was into pole dancing and she invited me to a few sessions. Ano, tara na?"

She narrowed her eyes at me and ignored my hand. Oh, well... I think she's cut from almost the same cloth as Red. At least ito nagsasalita. Kawawa naman si Aidan, he's in for a lot of hardship. Nakarma 'ata yung sobrang kadaldalan niya at nakahanap siya ng katapat.

Bakit kaya ang init ng ulo ng isang 'to? Red-day ba niya ngayon?

I followed her out of the training room. Maraming mga agent ang pasimpleng nakatingin sa amin. Rin glared at them and they mostly averted their gazes. But I detected smiles here and there. I chuckled inwardly. So you're something of a terror, huh?

Hindi na ako magtataka why she's one of Kuya Ali's agents. With the exception of Trixie, karamihan ng agents aloof at unapproachable. Pero kahit masungit siya, she's a smooth-talker at madali siyang nakapag-pull ng rank dun sa mga officers na nanghuli sa akin.

"Let's walk," I told her when she stopped and waited for me to catch up sa lobby ng building. "Dome tayo."

The cafe is very cozy with it's warm, wood interior at homey feel. We quickly got a seat and a waiter approached us and gave us the menu.

"What do you want to order?" I asked casually.

"Ikaw?" she answered without looking at the menu.

"Sorry, I'm not on the menu," I saw her eyes widen before they narrowed into a frown.

"Anak ng-ang kapal mo!" I laughed at the look of consternation on her face. Pinalo niya ako ng menu sa ulo.

"Joke lang! 'To naman di na mabiro." I held my hands up, "Joke lang talaga." I caught her hand and squeezed it gently. She snatched her hand away.

"This is a bad idea," she stood up and I caught her arm to stop her.

"Stay, please?" I gave her a hopeful look. "Sige na Rin. I promise not to annoy you too much." She sat back down reluctantly. Hindi ako sanay na wina-walk-out-an ng babae. This is a first.

"Really?" She dead-panned.

"We'll have a pot of Green Tea and Mint, please," I told the waiter. "Anything else?" She had her gaze averted.

"I'll have a Nutella crepe," she looked at the waiter and not at me. After taking the menu, the waiter left our table.

"Choco and mint," she looked at me. Pareho pala ang favourite food namin. We continued our staring match for a full minute before she averted her gaze. "Bakit?"

"Don't stare at me," she mumbled softly. She looked so pensive at hindi niya alam kung gaano ka-cute yung naka-pout na lips niya. I continued studying her profile. She's not exactly the kind of girl that I'd date. In fact napaka-tomboy ng appeal niya, yung tipong ang lakas ng arrive na nakaka-intimidate. Pati yung pagkaupo niya sa seat, pa-sprawl at walang bahid ng pagiging demure.

"Why not?"

"Because it's rude to stare at people," Wow, walang halong kahit anong pa-cute. I like her.