Wake me up, calling on bad dreams

Play the music- I didn't time it right cause I put the music after I typed the story but I think the song fits with this chapter. And there is some Clace action in here. 

Clary's POV

At this point, I was reminiscing in my thoughts. 

All I was doing was thinking about how I messed up everyone's lives. And thinking through all the bad stuff I went through. I did deserve it. Secrets are what made my life bad. And after all, I was a Morgenstern. No matter how much I tried I couldn't deny it. I should stay in this sleep. Wake up after 50 years knowing that I will never ruin someone else's lives ever again. Goodbye world. Eternal sleep here I come.

Jace's POV

We were waiting for Magnus on what to do. Then he walked in. "Here's what we have to do. Since Clary doesn't want to come and wake up, someone has to go get her." "Like in her subconscious?" Izzy asked. "Ya. And the person she cares about the most can even enter her little walls she built up. So, first up is Izzy, Simon, Alec, and then me." "What about me?" I asked. Then Izzy said, "No offense Jace but I think you're the last person she'll even talk to at the moment." I agreed with her. I hurt Clary a lot, but I wasn't going to let her know that. So I just nodded and gave a fake angry face toward her.

Magnus put Izzy on a chair. "Remember that when you can't do anything, just say Magnus pull me back, and I can get you". Then started chanting some spells. Then when he started glowing we knew it worked.

Izzy's POV

I was in a dark room. It had a small twin sized bed, and rusted mirror, and a small picture of Clary and her mom. But in the background was Valentine. This must have been her room while she was with Valentine. It looked really depressing. I opened the door to see Clary's room in the New York Institute. She was sitting on the bed drawing. I remembered what Magnus said, we could only communicate with her if she cared about me the most. I tried to talk but nothing came out. It wasn't working. I went and sat on the bed and tried to move something but nothing moved. I wasn't the person. But I wasn't hurt, maybe she didn't care for anyone at all. Maybe Simon would have better luck.

"Magnus pull me back." And then I was back in reality. I opened my eyes to see Jace standing over me like an impatient dog. "So, did it work?" he asked. "Nope. She wouldn't talk to me. Looks like you're up Simon." He nodded and we switched seats. 

When Simon came back he said that she looked up to him. Smiling then crying. But he couldn't pull her out. She still wouldn't let him. Megan was getting impatient and she left. She really honestly didn't care about her, as much Clary has helped her so many times but she didn't have that connection with her as we did.

Then Alec and Magnus tried. Still didn't work. If she didn't wake up, she could die. I couldn't help it anymore so I pushed Jace to try.

Jace's POV

I realized that I woke up in my bedroom in Clary's mind. I walked out find Clary. I went to the common room. The scene where she told us about her past was playing on reset. I went to her room. But the setting wasn't here. It was in London. She was talking to Izzy. Telling her stuff about why she left. Telling her not tell me. I went back to my room. But this time, Clary was there. She was crying. She threw her sketchbook across the room. I picked it up to see drawings of me. One where I had angels. One where I was falling asleep. When did she draw these? But then I realized something, I could touch them. Something no one else was able to do. I started moving things around. Then Clary looked up at me. "Who's there?" she asked. "Clary, it's Jace. I need you to wake up." Her eyes widened, her beautiful emerald eyes started shining. "Jace. Jace, is that you?" I went up to her. "Ya Clary, it's me. Can you see me?" "No, I can't." "Wait to give me a second. Magnus, pull me out." 

"Magnus, are you ok?" "He was laying on the floor at this point. "I need to take a break. I used too much magic at once." "I need to go back there. Clary heard me." Then Izzy turned around. "She did?" "Ya. But before I left, I noticed a shadow behind her. I came back to get my stele." "I can't take you back Jace." I was a little angry." Why not?" "Because I used too much at once." "What if you used a little?" "It's not enough without having a physical connection." Then Izzy walked in. "Hey guys, Valentine's army is surrounding the institute. He must know that Clary is here and he's telling his soldiers to bring her back." "No way, she's not even awake yet." "Well wake her up." Then I turned to Magnus. "What do you mean by physical connection?" "It means you have to be touching her. Must have physical contact." "Well, how can I do that if we are probably going to get attacked anytime soon." "We'll stall them for as long as we can so we can give you time to get her back. If not, break the connection and fight. We can't let them have her back." Alec said. I nodded and held her arm. 

When Magnus tried to put me back in, it didn't work. Instead, a shadow was pushing me back. "Something won't let me get to her. I need another way to her mind." Then it was awkward. I couldn't exactly kiss her. Could I?  I looked at Izzy. She nodded. My mind came back to Megan, I had just proposed to her. This would suck if she found out. But I had to save Clary. So I did it. I kissed her. Her lips were soft. Then I went into her subconscious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up back where I started. But this time Clary was in her own room. I was going to try to pull her back but then something came up behind her. It was her. It was Clary again. But this one was meaner. It kept telling Clary that she was a horrible person. And Clary kept breaking down and crying. Then the shadow disappeared. I'm guessing it did its job. Something it looks like has been doing it for a while.

I went up to Clary. I tried to touch her. Her mind kept refusing. At one moment I just put my hand on hers and she looked up. Then when she could finally see me, I knew this was her.

Then she broke down in tears again. "I'm sorry Jace. For ruining your life. For ruining your wedding. For even coming to the Institute. I'm sorry for all of it. I really didn't deserve being here at all." I looked at her and smiled. "Clary, you didn't ruin anything for me. In fact, life became better when you came. You told me about my past in that letter. If anything, I should be saying sorry to you." "I don't deserve it, Jace. I don't." Then I kissed her. She smiled. "Please come back, Clary. Please." Then my voice was fading. I was back in reality.

She hadn't woken up. Magnus had fainted to a corner. Alec and Izzy were gone fighting on the other side. Simon had gone to fight too. The shadowhunters started pouring into the hallways. I went outside and started fighting. I took my seraph blade and started lunging at people. Just when there were too many people around me, a dagger had stabbed a couple of them, and the rest were randomly portaled into Idris. At first, I thought it was Magnus. But then I turned around to see Clary. She was still in her red dress from before. She had her stele in one hand and a seraph blade in the other. Her hair was flowing and glowing at this point. It did work. And I did wake her up. She battled shadowhunters one by one. And everyone fell. After all of them were gone, she spoke. "Stop staring at me Jace, don't you know that's rude." Oh yeah, she was definitely back. "Sorry, I just didn't think it would work." "Would what work?" She didn't remember. Just then Megan came behind me. "Oh my god, Jace are you ok?" "Ya, I'm fine." Then she looked at Clary. "OMG Clary, you woke up. How are you?" "I'm great, but I did wake up from a coma so I guess this is as well I could be." She smiled. Her lips were perfect. I loved that about her. Then Megan kissed me. "I will never leave you." "Me too Megan, I love you." "I love you too Jace." And I smiled at her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Clary woke up. Yay. But now she has to see Megan and Jace get married. How will that make her feel? Wait to find out in the next chapter.

And don't forget to vote and comment. Happy Earth Day (even though it's not earth day but every day should be earth day)