19

¢σтιℓℓσи иιgнт pt. 3

"note to self, never challenge jisung ever again." jongho said to himself after taking a very long trip to the bathroom.

he still didn't move on from what jisung had said. and he was right, he needs to up his game or he'll lose minji to jisung. but jongho was confused; does he like minji or ja eun? it's complicated.

jongho was scared that if he'll choose between the two of them, one would be happy and one would be heartbroken. and boy, that would not go well for him. especially now since the first girl he ever loved and gave him his first heartbreak is back, and is his date. crazy right?

"oops, sorry." jongho apologized and bowed to the person he bumped into.

"no. it's fine. i'm sor–" minji cuts off her own sentence to see who she bumped into.

"minji."

"jongho."

"how do i feel about wooyoung? what do you mean?" seon mi asked, feeling kind of flustered.

"you know..." hongjoong diverted his gaze away from seon mi's eyes. "do you like him?"

seon mi was speechless. sure, she has been head-over-heels for the guy but, was it serious? yes it was. but now she's scared, scared to admit something so secretive amd important to her, especially to her best friend who had no knowledge about it.

seon mi pursed her lips before giving up a sigh. "yeah. i do."

hongjoong looked at seon mi, who in return stared right back at him. the two were dead silent and focused on staring at each other that they didn't notice that the camera in front of them silently took a photo.

"seon mi i'm–" hongjoong wasn't able to finish his sentence when seon mi suddenly hugged him.

"i'm such an idiot." seon mi stated and repeated it over and over again.

hongjoong's heart ached when he heard seon mi's sobs. he hugged her back, caressing her hair. he felt guilty because, he's been with seon mi's side the whole time but never even realized her feelings.

"you're not an idiot." hongjoong whispered, calming seon mi down.

a few minutes later, seon mi's sobs calmed down. she's happy that she has a best friend to be with her by her side. she may not be lucky with love, but she still has a great friend by her side.

and she's thankful for that.

"where did minji go?" jisung whispered while scratching his head.

the chestnut haired boy had lost minji after simultaneously challenging jongho, and him himself was shocked because of his sudden attitude. but true to fact that it really pissed him off because of jongho's confusion in love– and something else.

"aish! it's all because of jongho liking ja eun!" jisung frustratedly shouted.

"you called?" a voice asked, making jisung turn around.

"oh. it's you." jisung stated, his tone uninterested.

ja eun scoffed at jisung's tone and swirled her glass of orange juice. "looking for minji?"

jisung raised an eyebrow. "do you know where she is?"

ja eun scoffed again. "well, even if i did know, i wouldn't tell you."

"and why is that? shit. no."

"yes. and even if you did something, i would be there to stop you." ja eun said and walked passed jisung.

"i'll make sure of that." ja eun whispered into his ear left him, like how he left jongho frozen.

jisung gritted his teeth. "hong ja eun...

my childhood friend and first love."

"minji... i'm–" jongho was about to talk to ther but she held her hand up to his face, making him stop.

"i don't want to talk about it" minji said, avoiding eye contact with the boy

yeah. minji didn't want to talk about what happened the other night. she's still moping about why he snapped out of the blue.

flashback

jonghoe

jonghoe
minji

minjisoos
jongho?
what's up?

jonghoe
so...
jisung asked you out?

minjisoos
yeah
is it wrong?

jonghoe
no...

minjisoos
right
it is fair enough since you
asked ja eun

jonghoe
don't bring ja eun into this

minjisoos
what?
you're the one who bought
up jisung?

jonghoe
just because i asked if jisung
took you out that doesn't mean
you can also bring up ja eun

minjisoos
oh, so it's now my fault?
i didn't even want to talk
to you

jonghoe
but i didn't even do anything to you

minjisoos
so hurting my feelings isn't
what you're now doing?
seriously.

jonghoe
minji...

minjisoos
shut up!
oh, by the way, your
username really suits you

end of flashback

"minji. i'm sorry. i didn't mean to–"

"shut up okay?! just shut up!" minji shouted, unable to control her feelings anymore.

jongho's gaze softened once he saw minji's tears flowing down her cheeks. she's still looked pretty even though she was now crying. her hair was styled into a princess aurora-like style, but she had more curls on and some parts were braided. her gown suited her even more. it was a red cocktail dress and had a medium length v-line on her back, that fitted her figure perfectly.

minji can't even look at jongho in the eyes. even though she wants to, but she can't. he as wearing a navy blue tuxedo, with his polo, two buttons unbuttoned. and his hair made him look stunningly handsome.

the color of his tuxedo isn't helping. arrggh... why it has to be navy blue... my favorite color...

"i need to go." minji whispered one last time before disappearing from jongho's sight.

"fuck!" jongho screamed while punching the wall and repeatedly said it.

he felt like dying. his thoughts keep asking him that who he should picked between minji and ja eun. then it hit him.

"i've decided."