29

"jaemin?!"

"minji?!"

both said in unison making jeno and renjun looked at them in confusion.

"you know each other?" jeno asked minji making the girl look at him.

"jaemin, you know her?" renjun look at jaemin in confusion.

both of them just nodded while not breaking eye contact with each other making renjun and jeno look at each other with confused faces.

"okay? so let me start again. this is song minji, my cousin." jeno said as minji shake hands with renjun

"it's nice to finally meet you minji. jeno is always talking about you." renjun flashed his cute smile to her.

"the pleasures all mine." minji smiled also.

in her peripheral vision, she saw jaemin just standing there, frozen after hearing the word "cousin". jaemin is still processing everything, slowly looking at minji who is still looking at him. then to jeno who is busy chatting with renjun, wearing his signature 'eye smile'. it finally hit him, he looks neither of the three and suddenly screamed.

"minji is jeno cousin?!"

jongho is now busy drinking his apple flavored vodka, glaring at something or mostly precised two figure happily chatting each other, not noticing someone approaching him.

"look at what destiny lead me to." the male looked up and saw a familiar face now grinning at him.

"jaemin?"

"the one and only." jaemin sits beside the younger and ordered his drink before finally facing jongho, who is busy glaring behind jaemin's peripheral vision. the older confused and curious about this, turned around and saw jeno and minji busy chatting along with renjun.

his vision is now filled with jealousy. jongho noticed and taps his friend's shoulder making jaemin looked at him, dumbfounded. "are you still in love with minji? back off! she's mine." jaemin looked at jongho then laughs making jongho raised an eye.

"it's not what you think. and i'm not in love with minji anymore." jaemin again looked at the three, jeno now his arm around renjun's shoulder making jongho a "o" with his cute wittle mouth (that's cute.. )

"so you like that short guy with a mullet that looks like hongjoong's?" the older looked at jongho in shocked.

"renjun is not short!" jongho just laughed at when jaemin glared at him. "i see. you are defending him but can't even get a chance to hold his hand." he sips his drink, shrugging his shoulders. "are you trying to make me more jealous?"

"not not really..." jongho avoid eye contact, secretly smirking in which jaemin's eyes squinted at this. "well you haven't hold minji's hands also. and happened to held her for a couple times already." the older male smile at his comeback when jongho snapped his neck to face with with a glaring expression written on her face.

now jaemin is the one who is laughing as his drink suddenly arrived, savoring it in his first sip. "relax my co-bunny fella. i only said that to make a payback at what you said earlier." jongho only pouts at this, not taking it in any other matter.

"still you've got to hold her hand though~" jaemin just laughed at the younger's sudden action and continues sipping his drink.

"you'll eventually got a chance to hold her hand soon." jaemin smiled at him but jongho only replied it with a deep sigh.

"i don't know how and when will i have that chance." jaemin looked at him with little sympathy in his eyes, patting jongho's shoulder. "just wait okay?" jongho just nod at this.

i don't even know how will i confessed my feelings for her...

the sound of the fire wood cracking while slowly being burnt in a bonfire makes the cold dark night warm up a little as the squad are sitting around it, enjoying the mixture of the cold night breeze and the warmth coming from the fire as they are now having a barbeque party.

taeyong, seulgi, yerim, jaehyun... basically the lovey dovey couples along with jae eun and jongho are sitting around the bonfire. san, hongjoong, sehun and yunho or the single squad are busy playing with each other on the cold water.

jaemin and renjun– who was invited by jeno, are now enjoying the night with their new friends. and the others are okay with them and since they are now in good terms with jaemin.

while the others are busy laughing, minji is busy grilling the food, secretly looking at jongho from time to time making jeno chuckled at his cousin obvious jealousy. he is now busy helping minji by carrying the new grilled barbeque while watching the raw meat in the table not wanting flies to touched it.

he suddenly feels that mother nature is calling out to him now, so he now looking at minji who is still busy grilling. he decided to caught her attention by calling out to her.

"uhh.. min. imma go inside for a minute." minji looks at jeno.

"i need to use the bathroom. and i needed it pronto." she just giggled when she saw that jeno is trying to hold in and replied to her cousin with a nod. "sure thing. i can handle everything okay. now go on."

jeno sighed in relief and immediately run inside the hotel and finds the nearest restroom.

the girl giggles at jeno's little problem but her smile disappears as minji sighed, turning back her attention on the barbeque as she continued grilling them.

why i have to feel this way? i don't even know if jongho likes me also or he is just a freaking jerk? cause whatever i do, i can never experience the things he is doing to ja eun–

she stopped her train of thoughts as one hot coal was accidentally popped out from the griller which eventually got to burn minji's hand when she was not looking, making her hissed in pain.

jongho immediately come at her aid. he holds her now burnt hand to see if was serious or not. the male tsk-ed in annoyance as he looks at minji who is now looking down, trying to let go of jongho's grip.

"stop squirming minji. i'm trying to see if your hand was seriously burnt or not." minji being a stubborn girl she is, she removes her hand from the male's grip and hid it behind her back. "my hand is fine don't worry." minji gave jongho a force smile, hiding the fact that she is resisting the pain.

jongho was not convinced at this and try to hold her hand once again but she is just too stubborn and hids her hand on her back more. the male was a little annoyed at this but he wasn't showing this for minji might get hurt if she will knew at he is annoyed.

he again tried to grab her hand in which he did but the girl hissed then scream in pain as minji's reflexes was fast and strong making jongho fall hard on the ground when minji accidentally kicked her on his stomach. minji gasped at this, her hands covering her mouth as she looks at the poor state of jongho, shedding a tear and now eventually crying, blaming herself.

"i-i..." minji stuttered and she immediately bowed at jongho– who was helped by jaehyun and taeyong to stand up, struggling after that strong kick. she then runs away, avoiding the fact that she just hurt him when he is only trying to help her.

you're such a whimp minji!! hurting jongho just to avoid his worry for you!! how dumb can you be?!