Three

I had arrived at Arthur's house later than expected but one couldn't blame me, seeing that I had encountered an “obstacle”.
One thing for sure was that I could never tell neither father not Arthur about my little “obstacle”, knowing my father he would probably never let my out of the house until my day of marriage and Arthur would kill and since he already has a scandal on hand we wouldn't want another one for treason. The Sanhindrin would mark him a tyrant and wipe our whole existence clear, first a warlock then a Cani it doesn't seem to speak well of one don't you think.

Any who,
I knocked on the door gently, to be greeted by Arthur's mother who's face was still swollen from all the tears she must have cried over the fear of losing her son to death.
"Betty."
She wrapped her arms around me in a hug.
"Arthur is in his room, please darling, do come in."

I walked through the oak wood door and slid off my boots, I knew how much Lucinda hated dirt on her carpet, and put them neatly beside the door.

I let my cold feet feel the warmth of the carpet. It was too cold for an August.
I walked through the hall thinking of what I might tell Arthur when I saw him but nothing sounded right enough for the situation at hand.
Not long after, I found myself right in front of Arthur's door.
I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I gently opened and closed the door.
"Hey." I said bashfully.

"Beth." Arthur rose at the sight of me and took my into his arms.
I inhaled deeply wanting to take in his scent afraid that I might not have it near any longer.
"I'm so sorry about yesterday."

"Arthur-"

"No! I should've listened to you."

"It'll be alright Arthur."

I felt moisture on my scalp.
"I don't want to die Bethany." He sobbed into my hair.

I pulled away from him and sat on his bed pulling him with me.
I held his face in my palm
"You're not going to die." I felt tears of my own begin to develop.

"How do you know? You know what happens when Enchantdors get reported to the Sanhindrin. It's fata-"

"Don't. Complete that. Arthur King do you have no faith. You're mother would never let anything happen to you, my dad will always be there for you and I'll have your back. Forever."

"Where did you learn to speak such calming words?" Arthur laughed quietly.

I smiled.
"Oh, I picked some things from a handsome and cute little boy."

"Oh.."

"It's just that the boy in front of me isn't so little anymore."

He took my face into his arms and swiped my tears with his thumbs.
"No wonder you're so wise."

I laughed.
He leaned in closer than I would have expected.

"Betty Malcolm's been asking of y-. Sorry,  I didn't realize that you guys were having a “moment”."

"Mother." Arthur groaned.

"Sorry I'll go, I'll go." She said closing the door.

Arthur buried his face in a pillow.

I laughed at his embarrassment.
"I should go."

"Can I …can I walk you home?" He looked down at his shoes.

"So Mr. King. You can get tongue tied." I teased.

He smiled at me.
"Don't get used to it Goldilocks."
***
"Good night Arthur." We had already reached my doorstep.