Four

"Bethany are you ready to go to the farmer's market?" Father asks from outside my door.

"Yes." I say with a ribbon in between my lips as I desperately attempt to put my hair into a ponytail, what don't blame me, I usually leave it down.

I walk downstairs to meet my father and he handed me a list.

"These are the things that I am suppose to get I suppose?"

"Good morning to you too." He pulled me into a hug.

"Sorry. Good morning. Now do you feel better?"

He laughed.

"I should get going in case the farmer's market is crowded."

"Be careful, Beth." He places a kiss on my cheek.

As I head out of the house I spot a frozen flower on the front porch.
I picked it up and noticed there was a note on it.

To the Blade,
Last night I could barely sleep,
My mind was congested with your image,
It is known for a fact that Canis are irresistible,
But in this case it's false,
And it is I who find you irresistible and you find me as an ill mannered, spoilt prince,
Well I would like to offer this flower to you as an apology.
But it won't stop me from trying to get to you.
From Damien.

It wasn't until father tapped the window glass that I realized that I've been grinning like a ninny.

I let him have the remainder of my grin and then went off to the market, not before I took the flower, removed the frost from it and tucked it behind my ear.
******

The crowd was not as large as I thought it would be since the farmer's market was the most popular in the Enchanted forest, that and the fact that there were not very many farmers in the village.

I reach into the basket I brought and took out the list father gave to me.

*Yeast
*Flour
*Eggs
*Milk
*Cheese
*Yogurt
*Fish
*Assorted fruits

I scouted out the markets area to see the closest stall.
The nearest was the Dairy section where I could find milk, cheese and yogurt.

As I started towards the stalls that made up the dairy section I couldn't help but notice Diego Costa and his goons beside the yogurt stall.

"At least I know the stall I'll be visiting last." I whisper underneath my breath.

Diego meets my gaze and smirks.
"Check it out boys, it's the King's pathetic queen. Beatrice is it?" He says just as I was paying for the cheese.

I turn away from the vendor and walk towards Diego until we're face to face.

"Now I'm sure that all that hair spray must be feeding on your already damaged brain cells. In what dimension does the name Beatrice sound like my name Bethany? Well I don't suppose I could blame you, I don't remember how low it is."

Diego raised an eyebrow at me.
"How low what is?"

"Your IQ. Sorry, I don't suppose you could inform me once more how low is it again."

There was snickering from the cheese stall and as Diego scowled at the man making him cower in fear.

"Oh, what have you got in that basket of yours angel?" He grabs my basket.

"Are you dense or is it not obvious that it is cheese.

"You know for an abomination, you certainly do have guts to speak to me."