Ten

I wake up feeling constrained down to my bed and look up to see a sleeping Arthur.
And no we did not fornicate.
Yet.

I tap him gently and am greeted by his blue eyes searching my violet ones.
"Morning." He says gruffly his just out of bed voice filing my ears like a never ending tone.

"Good morning." I reply still mesmerized by the two bottomless orbs I was gazing into.

We lie together in silence for sometime. It was comforting, both of us just inhaling each other's scent, not even saying a word.
He reaches out and fidgets with a lock of my golden hair and tucks it behind my ear and then cups my face with his rough but soft palms using the thumbs to rub circles around my cheek bones. I close my eyes at the gesture making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He presses a kiss into my forehead and mumbles incoherently.

"Let's go grab a bite downstairs." He suggests and I nod in agreement.
"Then we'll go for that walk."
*************************************
After a mushroom and spinach omelette Arthur and I head out together.
My small hand look for his much larger one and hold it possessively.

We don't get much far before hearing the voice of someone who would ruin this day completely if I didn't drag Arthur away. Far, far away.

"Hey scumbags." It was Diego Costa.
He looked paler than usual under the light making him look like an anemia patient.

"Costa." Arthur's jaw clenches and his grip around my hand hardens visibly.

"King." Diego smirks in reply then turns his gaze to me.
"And Queen." He bows slightly.
"Heard you guys are in a relationship now King."

"We are." Arthur says through gritted teeth.
"What's it to you?"

"Nothing really. Just glad that you found someone and revolting you are to spend the rest of eternity with is all." Diego was playing a very dangerous game here and the end result would be death on both his account and Arthur's.

"Arthur let's go." I say dragging him but my efforts are in vain seeing as he's rooted to the ground.
His grip now making my hand through vibrantly excruciating pain.
And I whimper making Arthur let go of me but he doesn't bother to spare me a glance. I take my hand and massage it gently as to not aggravate the pain.

"Sorry." He whispers still not looking at me.

"Can we just go? Please?" I beg which finally gets his attention and he releases his gaze with Diego and meets mine nodding sympathetically.
With his arm around my shoulder we walk back to the house in silence after a turn to glare at Diego who just smirks it return. The bastard.

The walk home with Arthur was an awkward and fearful one. Arthur didn't even bother to spare me a glance, it was almost as if I was the one who enraged him.
The air was so thick and tense that one would be able to slice it with a knife.
Blade...
I scolded myself mentally at the thought of the name. Then my thoughts flickered to Damien. No matter how hard I tried and fought myself to not think about him, ask my efforts ended up being in vain.
His dark black hair that seems to always have such effortless luster and shine like a male model, his face perfectly structured face that had slight freckles that were darker than his tan skin, maybe even a brown color, that formed such a nice contrast, his toned and muscular build that was visible even through his clothing.
But my favorite thing about him was his eyes.
Dark green fiery orbs that always make me feel as if I were set ablaze.
Blaze...
They were by far the most beautiful thing about him, they are both bewitching and captivating. I loved how I felt around him. No one not even Arthur could- wait.
No.
Oh no.
Was I in love with Damien?
No he's arrogant and cocky and Damien.
Arthur is my first and only, Damien is just a distraction.

A pair of slender fingers snap in front of my face bringing me out of my thoughts and back to reality.
I blink my eyes twice at the realization that I had already reached my house.
I turn to find a glaring Arthur looking right at me.

He rolls his eyes but kept the glare.
"You weren't even listening, were you. For the past fifteen minutes I've been going on and on about what an ass Costa is and here you are daydreaming."

I was speechless, Arthur had never been genuinely mad at me.

He scoffs and stands up from the porch making him feet and inches taller than me.
"You know something Bethany." He spits my name with pure malice.
"Ever since my last fight with Costa you've been very different. Can I know the reason why?"

I blink all air sucked out of my soul like a vacuum pump.
But decide it's best to play it cool.
"I don't understand."

"Well understand this: I can't be with someone who I don't know anymore."

Is he...
Did he just...
"What are you trying to say?" I ask tears brimming my eyes threatening to fall.

"We are done."