Chapter 9: Monster

"There there... it's all gonna be okay..." I smirked as I watched Nanaba cry out in pain. She stood too close -too close- to my Levi... and I wanted her to pay. Her blue eyes continued to stare as she yelled in pain. "I promise... I'll make sure that it's all gonna be okay."

I continued to give her pain, smirking a bit. "H-Hanji...?"

Whipping around, I gasped as I saw the one person down here... and he wasn't supposed to be here. Not even a warning... not even a heads up... nothing. The knife dropped from my hand and clattered onto the ground. "L-Levi..."

He just stared in horror... not moving another inch. "W-What are you... what are you doing?"

Tears began to fill my eyes as he stared with his once-gentle eyes. "I-I'm sorry..." 

All of a sudden, he rushes and runs to Nanaba, trying to undo her restraints. "Hanji... what have you done? Huh? Were you... trying to kill her?"

"S-She was trying to..." Nanaba gulped as she began to break free. "L-Levi... t-thank you..."

But rage overtook me. She was thanking... my boyfriend? My lover? She... won't... get away... "Levi... get away from her." I began to growl softly as I bent down and picked the knife. Levi didn't seem to notice...

"Hanji, I'm not doing that... I'm not gonna-"

"Then... I'm sorry..." 

A single blink wiped my tears from my eyes, and I gripped onto the knife. I hoped that I wouldn't hurt him... but I will hurt her for even thanking my own lover. Slowly advancing, I grabbed Levi from his collar and tossed him to the side. He seemed... shocked... but it was better than hurting him. Nanaba screamed as my knife entered her warm body... and blood began to spurt. I stared down at her with anger and hatred as she began to wither and die on the basement floor.

"H-Hanji..." I turned away from all the blood and saw Levi... just in shock. "W-What have you done?"

He stayed to the side, just staring. "I... I did it all... just for you..."

"Did what all? Hanji, you were... h-hurting you... and then... you killed her..." His eyes slowly looked upwards. "F-For me? W-What else have you done for me? Huh?"

Sorrowfully, I looked down and fell to my knees in front of him. "P-Petra... Nifa... Rico... Isabel... and Nanaba." My eyes began to water and burn. "I-I did it all... t-to keep you to myself..."

"So... Petra... she didn't kill herself? Y-You... you killed her? And that murder-suicide... you did that? You... you told Nifa to go and kill Rico? And... you had Isabel go out with some guy to get her away from me? And... you just killed Nanaba... because of me? H-Hanji..."

"I-I told you from the beginning... I was a monster..." I say, bowing my head towards him... crying softly. "And... you said I wasn't a monster... it was because of you... because of you that I loved you... and how I had feelings... don't let me go..."

Reluctantly, Levi wrapped his arms around me. "Hanji... w-we can't do this if you're killing people... you're gonna hurt other people... and this... Hanji..."

"I-I don't want to go... or leave you... I... I won't survive on my own- Levi, please... I'm begging you..."

"But we need to do something about this... you can't keep doing this..." He nuzzles me carefully. "Hanji... you can't stay here... but if you're gonna keep hurting others if I'm in danger... I'm coming with you."

"W-What do you mean by that, Levi?"

"I mean... we can run away together. Just... me and you. No one will get killed... and I'll be with you. I still love you... but this... not murder, understand me, Hanji?"

I nodded, kissing his cheek. "Levi... I understand. Just... don't... don't leave me, okay? And... I have a question for you..."

"Which is what?"

"Am I a monster now? Am I? I killed people... and I hurt others. And yet... you love me... is it because I'm a monster?"

Levi shook his head, "I still don't believe you're a monster. And... I still love you, Hanji. Don't ever think that, okay? Don't hurt anyone else, okay?"

"O-Okay..." I smiled weakly. "I won't hurt anyone else..."