VI

Kai got up about two hours before his alarm was set to go off for. This happened almost everyday, so he was used to it, but some days he wished he could sleep instead of laying down for hours. Stumbling out of bed, he knocked over his phone, which created a loud bang on the floor.

"Oh my gosh, Taehyun. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you again," Kai looked over to the older's bed and noticed that it was empty. "Of course he's not there," the boy smiled, "He's with his boyfriend." He recalled the night before when Taehyun and Beomgyu got back to the dorms. Kai was already home and heard them knocking at the door but decided not to open it so they would be forced to spend more time together. Kai sighed. He wished he had someone who wanted to spend a lot of time with, but he always pushes people away because he finds himself annoying and doesn't want to annoy others.

Shaking away his thoughts, he began to get ready for the day. Even though the youngest had all the time in the world, he was still too lazy to put any effort into his appearance. He slipped on a purple hoodie and a pair of black basketball shorts. Kai went into the bathroom and groaned when he saw his hair. It was a mess. Deciding it was too much work to deal with it, he just threw a black beanie over it. As a finishing touch, "Cheese!" he checked his smile in the mirror. Don't get Kai wrong, he is happy, very happy, but he just wanted to make sure he looked it. He would hate for his friends to worry about him. After brushing his teeth, he headed to the kitchen and poured himself a bowl of Frosted Flakes, his favorite. Kai wondered what Taehyun and Beomgyu did after he left and hoped they had fun. They would be a super cute couple. "Taegyu, Taegyu, Taegyu~" he sung as he finished his breakfast, putting away the dishes. With nothing left to do in his room, he decided it was time to head to school.

Kai skipped down the sidewalk, occasionally taking a sip from his chocolate milk that he grabbed before leaving, when he noticed something odd. There was a boy standing in front of the entrance. Kai squinted his eyes. He was always the first to school and this big shot thinks he can  just show up one day and take his place? The guy started to turn around causing Kai to yelp and duck behind a bush. For some reason, Kai could of sworn he saw this guy before, but just couldn't put a name with his face.

"Hello?" the boy's voice sent a shiver down Kai's spine. He was tempted to just go up and talk to the boy but it's be too weird now. How could he explain why he was hiding behind a bush, plus he's on a mission now. He wanted to find out who this boy was and why he was here so early without making himself known. "I know someone is there. You're not very good at hiding," the voice said, already sounding done with Kai's shenanigans. Abort! Abort!

Kai stuck his head out the side of the bush, "Oh hey! Didn't see you there."

"Is that why you were spying on me?" the boy laughed.

"I wasn't spying!" Kai pouted, getting out of his hiding space.

"So you and that bush are just that good of friends, huh?" he pushed back his orange hair.

"Th-That doesn't matter," Kai retorted, "Anyways, I don't think I've seen you around the school before. Are you new or something?"

The other shook his head, "I have no interest in becoming an idol."

Kai puffed his cheeks and sighed in confusion, "Then why are you here, especially at this hour?"

"Choi Beomgyu," the male stated, "Do you know who that is? I need to talk to him."

-

Entering the school, Taehyun felt like he was hanging out with a completely different person. Beomgyu kept a good distance away from Taehyun and as he walked. He kept looking at everyone, listening to their conversations, while trying to hide his face at the same time. The gossip wasn't as bad as it was yesterday, but there were still a few side-eyes and comments thrown around here and there. "Beomgyu," Taehyun called out, running to catch up with him, "You're a mess."