VIII

The rest of the school day was a blur. English class was so boring that it put Kai to sleep and usually vocal class was his favorite, but today he felt like he strained his voice. In other words, today wasn't his best day. Kai was hoping he would be able to hang out with one of his friends today and possibly discuss plans for tomorrow. He scanned the hallway and noticed Taehyun and Beomgyu walking together.

"Hey guys!" he called out to them and ran in their direction.

"Oh hey Kai, what's up?" Beomgyu greeted while Taehyun just waved.

"Can we hang out today?" Kai bounced, "I'm bored and I'll think it'll be fun, plus we can plan a bunch of things to do tomorrow." They both exchanged worried glances with each other. "Is something wrong?" the youngest frowned, noticing their concern.

"Well we kind of planned to hang out by ourselves today," Taehyun pushed back his hair, "I was even thinking about crashing at his place again. Sorry, maybe another day." He smiled at him and Kai returned it.

"Don't apologize it's ok," Kai reassured them, "I hope you guys have fun."

Beomgyu nodded, "See you later." Kai watched them both walk away, feeling a hint of jealousy. He hung out with Beomgyu almost all of yesterday afternoon, it wasn't fair. Pushing away his feelings he tried looking around for either Soobin or Yeonjun, maybe they'd want to hang out with him. He started to think about all the things they could do like watch a movie, play some games, maybe even go out somewhere. Losing his patience, he decided to text Soobin.

Kai: Hey, Soobin! :) Let's hang out tonight!

Soobin: Sorry Kai, I'm busy tonight.

Kai: Whaaattt?? Whhyyyy?

Soobin: I still feel bad for what I did to Beomgyu yesterday, so I'm going to make him lunch for tomorrow~

Kai: Oh... Are you sure you don't like need any help or anything?

Soobin: I'm good, thanks though.

Kai: Ok then, good luck :)

Kai sighed looking down at his phone. Cooking with Soobin would of been cool, but I guess he's more worried about Beomgyu right now. Kai was sure Yeonjun didn't have anything to do today. Yeonjun isn't one to socialize much, he always locked himself in his room and studied most of the time. Maybe they could go to that small amusement park nearby. Kai knows Yeonjun really likes rollercoasters. He dialed the older's number. It rang a few times before he actually picked up.

"Hello?" Yeonjun answered.

"Are you busy today?" Kai asked, holding his breath.

"Yeah," he simply replied.

Kai let out a really long and exaggerated sigh, "With what?"

"I have to study," the older answered.

"You study everyday!" Kai whined, "You're already super smart and talented. I mean you even rank first in our dance, vocal, and rap classes! One day off won't kill you."

"I'm first in all of those classes because I work so much," the older responded, "Plus tomorrow is going to be my day off."

"Please Yeonjun," Kai pleaded.

"Kai, I'm sorry," Yeonjun paused, "Even if I wanted to skip studying I still have other things to do."

"Like what?" Kai huffed.

"I have to call Beomgyu later today and catch him up on everything that happened during our little session today," Yeonjun explained, "Obviously I won't tell him about Taehyun's crush and I'll let Soobin tell him why he's so scared of the dark, but he deserves to know everything else that happened and I don't know how long it'll take."