IX

Once Taehyun woke up he couldn't move, it felt like he was being crushed by a ton of weight. He lifted his gaze to meet the other boy's sleeping face directly on top of him. Taehyun let out a loud gasp and his face almost immediately started to burn up. Beomgyu started to move around and Taehyun quickly closed his eyes and pretended to fall asleep in case the other woke up. It was only a few seconds later that Taehyun heard Beomgyu curse to himself as he pulled himself off of the younger.

"What time is it?" Beomgyu groaned, his voice husky from just waking up. He turned on his phone, wincing at the bright light, and checked the time. He looked back and forth between his phone and the supposedly sleeping boy and sighed, "There's still a little more time for him to sleep." Reluctantly, Beomgyu got out of bed and started to get ready for the day. He slipped on a tan hoodie with a matching pair of tan sweatpants and packed a second outfit in a bag since he won't be coming back to his room tonight. Next, he went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Looking into the mirror, he debated wether he should try to make himself look decent today, but his laziness got the best of him and he just put on a white hat to hide his messy hair and face. After Beomgyu finished getting ready, he figured it was about time for Taehyun to wake up.  "Hey, wake up," Beomgyu shook the younger's shoulder.

"Good morning," Taehyun slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Wow, I don't actually have to drag you out of bed today?" Beomgyu chuckled.

"Be quiet," Taehyun went to swing at the older, but Beomgyu quickly moved out of the way.

"Come on," Beomgyu took Taehyun's hand and pulled him up, "it's time to start getting ready."  Taehyun nodded and did as he was told.

After getting dressed and gathering all of his belongings together he found Beomgyu, "Are you ready to go?"

"Of course," Beomgyu ruffled the other's dark brown hair, "I've been waiting on you."

"Hey!" Taehyun whined and took a step back, "I just fixed my hair and now I probably look like a mess."

Taehyun went to walk towards the bathroom, but Beomgyu grabbed onto his wrist before he could leave, "You look beautiful."

"Huh?" Taehyun looked at him confused, hoping Beomgyu didn't notice the shade of pink growing on his cheeks.

Beomgyu, who was the same color, let go of Taehyun, "I-I mean let's go. You look fine and there's not enough time."

"Yeah, ok," Taehyun followed the older as they headed towards the school.

-

"You're pronunciation is awful," Mr. Min scolded Taehyun as he finished rapping the verse he was given, "and you're going too fast. You have to stay in time with the beat."

"I'm sorry," Taehyun looked down and played with the hem of his shirt, "rapping isn't my strong suit."

"I can tell," Mr. Min paused for a moment, "but don't be sorry. Just be better for your next assessment."

"Yes sir," Taehyun agreed, trying to hide the disappointment in his voice.

"Hey, if you need help I'm always here," Yeonjun wrapped his arm around the younger's shoulder after he had sat down.

"I appreciate it," Taehyun smiled at him, "but the last thing you need is an ego boost."

"Hey, my ego isn't that bad," Yeonjun pouted, "Well, it's not as bad as Beomgyu's, right Kai?"

Kai looked up from his phone and turned his attention to the two boys and grinned, "Nobody is as bad as Beomgyu."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Beomgyu interjected.