01.00

A TALE OF 2 CITIEZ- J. COLE.

i had a bad dream
i was stuck in this city.
i asked myself,
is that really a bad thing?

another party. no, adri wasn't a party person. still isn't, mackenzies been manipulating her into going to these bitchass frat parties. this time luckily, adri wore something a bit more comfortable. skinny jeans, and a black nirvana t-shirt that hugged her body just right.
"mackenzie!" she shouted from downstairs, hearing the clicks of her cousins heels tap the wood. kenzie came down dressed in a skimpy but cute body suit, that really hugged her. the two headed out for a night to remember.

"adri!" tana slurred as she saw her friend, stumbling her way. the sequins on her dress really made her look like a party decoration. adriana giggled and reached her hand out for the blonde to help her walk. "drink." she hiccuped and dragged adri, to the liquor station. her eyes alit with curiosity scanned every bottle to see something light. vodka? no, too dingy. whiskey? perhaps. wine coolers? didn't end well last time. beer? whynot. she reached for a beer, and popped it open skillfully just like the wine coolers. the beaming lights that came from every direction really wasn't a party favor. adri chuckled at just imagining what it would be like to be wasted, and stirring through this crowd.

an hour later she found herself to be a hypocrite. wasted. laughing uncomfortably as guys would send her comments about her body or how she looked, her eyes washed up to another's in the crowd. a very drunk smile shot into her lips. she threw her arms up and giggled. brandon rowland watched her from the couch, solo cup in hand. adri was too drunk notice though. joey watched as she inches closer to him, he stood in silence. he knew nobody would mess with her after henry, since if he considered her a friend and was around— she was safe. he shot her a smile. adri blushing in response finally made it in-front of him.
"you have—" she hiccups. "really pretty face." her voice slurs, a short giggle coming afterwards. she leans over and places her face into his chest, taking in his scent.
"you smell good." she cooed in adoration, looking up at him with wide eyes. joey looked down at her, loving every small compliment and phrase that came out of her mouth. he took her hand gently, and lead her outside.

"so, drunk adri." joey breathed out. adri plopped herself on the ground and looked up at him all giddy-like. joey didn't mind talking to her. he mainly wanted her all to himself, he didn't like when other guys stared at something that he considered his. it had been almost a year since maddies incident and here joey was, happier than ever. maybe maddie wasn't his soulmate or whatever, maybe she just made him forget about what past he had. but, adri forgave his past. something that maddie never did.

adri sniffled as she played with the grass. she was not only a wild drunk, but an emotional one. "i cant fucking believe trump is the president, do you know how like— much that sucks!" she worked herself up. "he's so orange and mean i- i cant even." she threw her hands around to emphasize her drunk words until joey sat down besides her. he twirled her hair around his index finger. she looked at him dreamlessly. "god, for a boy you are so pretty." she groaned. joey chuckled at that comment, she was practically calling him cute. adri slugged her head into his shoulder, closing her eyes. "goodnight boy." she giggled to herself, joey watching with a small smile. he placed his hand to her back, softly stroking it.

nadia finally arrived. late. she walked up the stairs, passing by adri but seconds later backing up. she raised her eyes at joey, who had his head pressed against adri's. "joseph." she whisper shouted. joeys eyes shot open tiredly to her. oh great, the red head. joey chuckled at his own mindless comment. "you're taking her home?" she asked quietly. joey looked at adri and back to nadia,
"would she be mad?" he asked. nadia was taken back, joey? caring? that would be known as a stretch but okay world. go off.
"you wouldn't do anything right?" nadia still had her doubts, of course not for joey or adri. just for drunk adri. joey understood and nodded. "of course not." he looked back down to the sleeping brunette and sighed. nadia nodded off and sifted into the crowd.

after carrying her into his front seat of the car and buckling her in, he drove. one thing joey didn't know was her address. very smart, leave a party with a girl you associate with and bring her home? but, that's the part nobody at the party knew. the only thing they knew was that joey was trustworthy, he wouldn't dare lay a finger on a girl. adri softly hummed, her eyes fluttering open. "where am i." she groaned whilst rubbing her eyes. joey glanced over and patted her shoulder. "i'm taking you home drunkie." he teased with a serious but soft tone. adri deadpanned. again. "can i stay with you— my aunt will literally mutilate me, feed me to our dog and then mutilate me again." she giggled to herself at the thought. joey hesitated, but gave in after her begging.

he approached the door of his own home and turned back, seeing adri struggling and stumbling in every which way. "jesus christ." he mumbled to himself. he waited a second until approaching her, and taking her arm over his shoulder then his arm underneath her knees— bridal style. her head fell into his neck and luckily for him the whole house was asleep. he crept up the stairs with her in his arms quietly, then finally he brushed past his door into the room. adri hummed a bit into his neck, sending a flutter into his chest. he set her down at the edge of the bed, watching her go into a fetal position. he promised her he'd be right back; so he retrieved into the bathroom and did his own thing. he changed, he rinsed his face, then came out to her with a spare t-shirt in hand. she sat on the bed waiting, swinging her legs back and forth just like she did in the nurses office. joey watched for a minute and sighed. her eyes shot back up. "hi." she tiredly whispered. joey sent her a small smile and placed the shirt into her lap. "go change, you're tired. i'll take you home in the morning okay?" he reassured her hesitant actions, she nodded. he watched as she walked into the bathroom and shut the door, then came out minutes later in his shirt that stopped at her mid thigh.
she wasn't drunk, but still not sober enough to think clearly. so, she crawled in next to him in bed and placed her head on his inner arm that lay across the pillows. the pit of his stomach did a turning point. "i have a headache." she whispered and snuggled in closer to him. joey tensed up mid second and placed his hand onto her head, using his thumb to gently rub her temple. "go to sleep, if you have it in the morning i have some advil— it wouldn't be good to take that now because of the alcohol." he replied back, the same nod in response.
adri was the first of the two to fall quickly asleep, and comfortably quite frankly from joeys comforting hushing, and grazing.
drunk adri loved this night.