01.10

NO FLOCKIN- KODAK BLACK

what got into you?
project baby.

the next morning was a drag. a pitiful eight am, adri sprung out from besides joey and raced into the bathroom, managing to wake joey. he sat up and rubbed his eyes before watching with a small frown as she settling in sitting before the toilet. he felt bad, he wished maybe he could've been at the party earlier so she wouldn't have drunken. but if she hadn't have, he wouldn't have gotten to hold her last night. he trudged in behind her and gently pulled her hair back out of her face, stroking her back again. adri sat back and managed to let out a throaty groan. "my head feels like a fucking fire ant." she winced and placed her hands to them. joey curved his eyebrows. "i'll get you some advil." he said, and did so.

adri sat for a good ten minutes trying to figure out what happened last night and why she was at joeys— soon interrupted by his retrieving. he carried in a water, a bottle of advil, and a freshly toasted bagel on a plate. "thank you." she sighed, he set the things down besides her and then sat down in front of her. "of course." he muttered. it was much easier talking to a drunk adriana, since she wouldn't remember anything. joey rested his chin onto his knee while she downed the pill and water. then, she opened the bagel and took one half for herself, sliding the other on the plate to joey. "this your shirt?" she asks. joey nodded and took the bagel: taking a bite. "thank you." joey raised a brow, tilting his head. "for what?" he responded. adri sighed, thinking of all the things that could've happened. she could've gotten kidnapped, drugged, assaulted, hurt in general. but joey was there luckily. "being like— a secret and personal super hero." she teased. joey chuckled. "of course, i wouldn't want you drunk and alone." he paused. "i learned one thing though... adri loves tugging her fingers through my hair in her sleep." he grinned. adri rolled her eyes and groaned. "oh my god you're kidding— i'm sorry." she shook her head and ran her fingers through her own hair, watching joey shake his head. "it's all good, very comforting." he crinkled his nose.

countless stories and things brought up until about ten am. joey looked at the time, raising his eyebrows. that's the longest conversation he's had. "you wanna shower first?" he asked with a soft look, adri shrugged. "whatever's fine with me." she responded. joey nodded.
after they showered they both agreed to meet on monday by the flag pole, one bringing the other something for breakfast.

monday

the least favorited day of the week begun. this time, adri had something to look forward to. she got ready quickly, skipping her goodbyes with her aunt and mackenzie who was home sick from the party night. a half an hour passes and adri is pulling into the parking lot, the sun rising. they both agreed to meet early because they wanted to talk more. adri got out with the dunkin in-hand and her keys in the other. she saw the tall dark figure of joey and walked a bit faster. he had gotten her a raspberry tea and a donut— something she actually liked. in return she gave him the donut and egg sandwich. "sleep well?" he asked. adri shook her head. "nope, i was so excited about the food it's all i thought about." she grinned and nudged his shoulder while they began walking and sipping on the drinks. joey was glad he made this excuse just to get time alone with her, as if saturday night wasn't enough.

they talked until first bell rang, easily earning a groan from adri. "i hate my first period." joey loved how her nose scrunched when she spoke. "it's literally just home ec." he looked down at adri who was fumbling with her fingers. "the teachers a dick though." she mumbled. joey snickered and patted her back. "i'll pair with you then." he shrugged as they walked in. adri smiled. joey took a seat besides her and rested his elbow on the table and his hand onto his cheek. while the school flow rushed into the room, they flicked a pencil back and forth like soccer. it reminded adri of the first time they actually talked. suddenly she was grateful for soccer balls more than she should've been. "you're good at soccer, right?" adri brought up, joey shrugged. "considering the first time we talked you were carrying me from the nurse because i fell from kicking a soccer ball— i thought you would've known." he sneered, she rolled her eyes. "okay, yeah but maybe that was just once." joey shrugged as the second bell rang.