6 : Judith McNaught

"You can't outwit fate by standing on the sidelines placing little side bets about the outcome of life. Either you wade in and risk everything you have to play the game or you don't play at all. And if you don't play you can't win." – Judith McNaught

-----

Pia

Embraced by the notion of what I believed in the present and scorned by what I vision out now, love is not something you sometimes tend to disregard. Despite the fact that the love we had already failed, I still value the relationship that we had in the past.

Even with the painful experience of the past, I cannot disregard the fact that he was once a part of my life.

Nakatingin ako sa lalaking lasing na tulog sa kanyang kama habang unti unting tumutulo ang mga luha ko.

" Why can't you just live your life the way you used to, Pierce" I whispered to the wind. Alam kong hindi niya ako naririnig dahil narin siguro sa sobrang kalasingan.

Tumawag ulit sa akin si Savier kagabi. They were telling me of Pierce's doings. He won't stop drinking. Nilalasing niya ang kanyang sarili na para bang tubig lang ang alak.

The worst part of my feelings for him is making me do such thing that I myself can't control either. My mind is telling me not to but my heart tells me the other way around.

Nang makarating ako sa bahay nina Savier ay bumungad agad sa akin ang lasing na lasing na lalaking minsan ng naging dahilan ng pagluha ng puso ko.

He was breaking glasses and throwing things like pieces of paper. The pain of seeing him act out differently is making me want to just hug him and make him stop.

The Jaguars tried to calm him down but he is so hard to handle.

" Pierce" I called out his name. Agad siyang napatigil sa kanyang ginagawa at lumingon sa gawi ko. Tila ba nagulat pa siya ng makita niya akong nakatayo sa harapan niya. Kahit lasing siya ay mabilis siyang naglakad papunta sa gawi ko at hinila ako sa kanyang mga bisig. Ramdam ko ang pagod mula sa kanyang paghinga. His heart was beating so fast. Gulong gulo na rin ang kanyang buhok.

It's already one in the evening. Ang meron lang na kasama niya ay sina Savier at Tyrone. The rest are already asleep I guess. Siguro ay lasing na rin at pagod yung mga iyon kaya nakatulog na rin sila.

" Pagod ka na Pierce. Tama na iyan" Ako na mismo ang kumuha nung bote ng alak mula sa kanyang kamay. Hinayaan niya akong kunin iyun at ilapag sa mesa na malapit lang sa amin. He then cupped my cheeks and leveled it to his. I know he would aim for a kiss.

He kissed me torridly. I tasted alcohol from his mouth mixed with mint. He continued kissing me until he was satisfied. Tumingin siya sa mga mata ko bago siya nagsalita.

" So my woman still cares for me huh" He muttered. This is the typical Pierce I've known. Tumingin siya sa likod niya kung nasaan sina Savier. He motioned them to leave.

Still trapped in his arms, he looked at me.

I looked at those eyes, I once dreamed of to see every single night. Those piercing eyes. His scent, his messy hair. He is struggling to still make the failed relationship work.

" I still" I whispered back.

" Lasing ka na naman Pierce. Alcohol is not water. So don't take it as if it was." I added. He was looking at me still.