Impulse

Barry had been sitting in his car for the past hour after his call with Oliver ended. He was speechless. Utterly speechless. He kept replaying the whole damn thing in his head.

"Kara?" Barry had asked, hope disintegrating as every second fled.

"Kara Danvers." Oliver finished with glee, unaware of the gutting pain he was currently causing Barry.

"Wow... that's... that's great, Oliver." Barry lied. Tolerating and hiding his pain, he forced a pleasant tone to coat his voice. "I'm happy for you."

"Don't worry, Bear. It's nothing serious. Honestly, I don't think I'm ready for that. All we did was have sex. If it goes any further, that's all it will be." Oliver explained. He was whispering as he casually peered his head at Kara through her bedroom door, who was still sleeping. She was probably worn out. Oliver sure wasn't a man of ego, but he did know how to please a woman... and a man for the matter.

"Just sex, huh?" Barry asked with a taste of disapproval.

"What? Are you jealous, Allen?" Oliver teased. A smirk engraved onto his face, but of course Barry was unaware of that.

Barry rolled his eyes. "Goodnight Oliver." He hissed. Before Oliver could respond, he had hung up the call, appointed with a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Damn it!" Barry screamed viscously. Anger arose, consuming the better part of him. He pounded his fists into his steering wheel as he screamed. As he finished off with one last pound, he noticed his phone screen brighten.

Wiping the tears off his face and clearing his throat, he snatched his phone off the dashboard. He sniffled his nose as he found out that Iris had texted him once more. Whimpering, he read it.

Where are you? — 10:52 P.M.

"Screw this." Barry spoke out loud. He sped out of his car and within seconds, was in his guest bedroom.

Iris' hair flew past her shoulders, leaving her in shock. "God, I'll never get used to that." She joked. Barry had remained silent, which gave Iris the flexibility to realize Barry had red colored eyes. "Okay, either you're really high or you have been crying. And since I know you don't do crack, what's wrong?" She asked, raising herself off from the bed.

"Iris," Barry finally said, breaking his silence. He cradled her face with both of his hands, resting his forehead on hers. "Oh, Iris."

"Bear, what's wrong?" Iris asked. She put her hands over Barry's, holding him steady.

"I n-need you, Iris." Barry stuttered.

"What?" Iris parted her forehead from Barry's to look directly into his eyes.

"I need you." Barry repeated with certainty. From looking into her eyes, he slowly looked at her lips. From looking at her lips, he slowly locked his onto hers, using his hands to pull her closer.

Within a heartbeat, Iris pulled away. "Barry," she began. But Barry ignored her, kissing her once more.

While Barry used his speed to take off his coat, he travelled his lips onto Iris' neck, allowing her to moan softly.

As he dove deeper into her neck, he walked the both of them towards the bed. He laid her on it and climbed on top of her. Taking advantage of their lips being parted, Iris spoke. "Barry, we can't do this."

"Just for tonight," Barry pleaded. He removed a lock of hair that covered a part of her face. "Please."

"But Oliver,"