Runnin' Home to You

"I'll have a mocha." Barry ordered. The waitress nodded, collecting the menu from his hands. Before she fled, his eyes caught onto the back of it. "Wait!" He called out to her. She handed the menu back to him, following his request. "What's that? F-Flarrow?"

"Ah. The Flarrow special. The name is a combination of The Flash and the Green Arrow," The waitress explained. A small smile invaded onto Barry's face. No matter how bad it got, being reminded of Oliver gave him a sense of warmth. "It's a stack of small pancakes filled with chocolate arrows. Being as they are small pancakes sitting on top of one another, it's quick to eat, just like The Flash, and filled with chocolate chips that are shaped like arrows, representing the Green Arrow, it equates to the Flarrow special."

Barry chuckled. "You sound like a fan."

"Takes one to know one." The waitress grinned.  "Half of the world thinks they're in love anyway. It was only right to dedicate a dish to them."

"Alright. I'll take it." Barry catered, subtly ignoring her comments.

As he watched the waitress place his order, he thinks to himself, Only one of us are in love with the other, and it most definitely isn't Ollie.

Running for nearly an hour on an empty stomach, Barry got hungry quickly. Just reaching Hub City, Central City's sister city, he decided to search for a place to grab a quick bite. He had settled on a place named Jitterbugs, which was Hub City's substitute and alternative to Central City's Jitters.

Feeling alone for the better part of his week, running away was long overdue. To say the least, being away from all the messes he had created was refreshing. He wasn't entirely sure when or if he was ever going back... but he was sure that if he didn't, it wouldn't have mattered. Oliver was busy falling in love with Kara, and Iris was busy hating his guts. The two people he had loved most in the world were slipping away from his fingertips... and it was his fault.

Barry's mocha and the Flarrow special had finally been served to him. "Thank you," he muttered to the waitress. She nodded, leaving him to enjoy his meal.

Taking a sip from his mocha, flashes to the night with Oliver and Iris at Jitters had joined him. He remembered holding the mocha he was sharing with Oliver. He remembered feeling waves of jealousy coarse through him when the topic was on Oliver's past relationships. He remembered how Oliver reached for the drink and when he did, their fingers touched. He remembered feeling butterflies in his stomach, and his heart beating at a faster rate. He remembered when Iris held his hand, all he could think about was wanting to hold Oliver's. He remembered when Oliver continued his conversation with Iris, he remained his attention on him. He remembered traveling his eyes from Oliver's eyes to Oliver's lips... wondering how they felt, wanting so badly to kiss them...

But with light, came the dark. He began to remember Oliver insisting that something was going on between him and Iris. He remembered wanting to tell Oliver so badly how he felt for him, just like when they were laying in bed together and Felicity had called before he could.

Felicity. She triggered not a memory flash, but a memory.

"Hi!" Oliver greeted with a soft grin. He wrapped his arms around Barry. "How are you?"

"Good! Good! And you?" Barry asked, tightening his grip around Oliver's waist.

The two friends had met at Verdant for a drink.

"I'm good! I actually have some news for you." Letting go from their embrace, Oliver slowly rubbed his hands against Barry's arms, until he reached Barry's hands. Naturally, he wrapped his fingers around it, and pulled Barry with him to sit.