Chapter 6: Scars

After they exit the cafe me and Mary do the dishes while Grayson is arranging the tables. After that I approach Manager Nick "yes sir?" i asked "here's your salary for this month" he said giving me the envelope "thank you very much sir" i said then opened the envelope "what is this?....this is so much sir?" i asked cause the money inside is twice the amount of my salary "no Cris it's alright this will be our advance birthday gift to you and of course you really need money" his wife said "o my thank you ma'am" i said then hug her "thank you very much and i'll get going sir, ma'am" i said then waved them goodbye. While walking home I separate 3/4 of the money so that dad will never get it most of it.

When i entered the house a bottle flew in front of me and shattered when it hits the wall "where's the money!" dad asked "i don't have i-it i only g-got a l-little" i lied "give it" he said "no!" i fight back that made him throw the bottle beside me and shattered again "give it!" he yelled again. I hurriedly get the money in my pocket and gave it.

After that he go outside and headed to a bar or something. I then look at glass shattered on the floor and that's when i realized i have i big wound in my left arm. I check it....phew luckily it's not deep. After cleaning the glasses on the floor that leave me few cuts i go to the bedroom and to the bathroom and bath myself and heal my wound and wrap it with bandage. But before i could put my shirt on i notice there are many scars in my body at the left arm, at my side at my back, and at my side neck. They are from the bottles he threw. I let out a deep sigh and then get the money in my bag and hid it in the cabinet with a lock. I smiled when i saw that there is now a lot of money i kept but it's not enough to pay our huge debt. After i finished doing my homework i then go to bed.

Morning came i do my morning routine and wrap my wound with bandage and wear black long sleeve so that they will not notice my wound. This time i didn't saw dad so i just made breakfast for two and leave his in the table.

My school ended same as always but this time i didn't saw Natalie. When i got home dad is nowhere to be seen but before i could go upstairs my phone beeped it's my dad's old friend and also the owner of his favorite bar.

'Cris come to my bar your dad is fighting again hurry!'

After receiving that text i hurriedly get the bat i always bring everytime he fight. After i arrived i saw dad sleeping and a man is holding his shirt while shouting on him "hey! don't you just sleep on me!" he screamed. I the approach him and hit him with a bath "who did that?!" he asked "me why?" i asked then hit him again "don't you just dare shout in my father" after saying that i carried dad using my strength to carry him in the house.

After 30 minutes of walking i placed dad in the sofa and then go upstairs feeling numb. I then tied a rope in the ceiling while crying silently "i'm sorry but i could not hold it any longer" i said while sobbing then placed a chair under that rope.

But before i could hang my self a thing enter my room through the window and played a song that made me stood frozen.