Chapter 7: First Mixtape

Battle Scars by paradise fears (could you please pretend that this song is made by DJ)

Crystal's POV

I Stood frozen as the song played and it made me hesitate.
'This is an anthem for the homesick, For the beaten,
The lost, The broke, The defeated,
A song for the heartsick, for the standbys.
Living life in a shadow of a goodbye'

I then look at that thing. It's a mixtape I then stopped and approach it, i picked it up and listened to it.

'Do you remember when we learned how to fly?
We play make-believe we were young and had time
On our side, your stuck on the ground
Got lost, can't be found
Just remember that you're still alive

I understand the lyrics very well and it made me cry, i sob silently and look at ceiling where the rope is hanged and realized what i am doing is so wrong "no, this is wrong, so wrong" i said between sobs. I then paused the song then clean the room and take a bath, when i go downstairs he is still sleeping so i made dinner for him. I then pick a backpack i think i will sleep in Mary's. After packing up of course i go to the cafe bringing also the mixtape with me.

After i arrived the people in the cafe look at me in shocked. Oh yea it's already 8 so it's time for their shooting, i then realized they are looking at my left arm so i hid it behind my back and walk to Mary "Cris! what happened to your arm?" she asked "let's talk at the back ok?" i said that made her nod "Grayson let's go" i said he nod also in reply. i look at manager Nick "sir can we talk for awhile?" i asked "wait fo me ok?" he asked "ok sir". We then sat in the table in the kitchen of the cafe "so Cris what did he do again?" sir Nick asked "please don't report him" I said looking down "ok but i can't promise that when he did it again I am draining patience , ok?" he asked "ok sir, when I got home yesterday he threw a bottle in front of me but it hit the wall, and then get my money but i lied i just said i only got a little and but before i could give it to him i fight back that made him threw one more bottle but it hit the wall again.i then give it to him and he left to get a drink in his friend's Bar but when i clean the shattered glass realize there's a big wound in my left arm but it's not that deep," i paused then look at them looking at me with worried eyes "please don't scold me ok?" i asked they nod. I then let out a sigh "after school he didn't came home yet and then the his friend texted me that he got in a fight again so i go there and hit the man who's beating him up with a bath, I only bring dad back by carrying him with all my strength, After placing him in the couch I g-go to my room a-and" i sigh "and?" Grayson and Mary asked "and tied a rope in the ceiling ," i started that made Mary and Grayson hugged me "i then put a chair under it cause i i could not take it anymore but before i could hung my self a mixtape entered my room and started to play a song that made me stopped and realize i am doing a wrong thing" i finished and stated to cry "shh, it's ok why didn't you told us?" manager Nick asked, i look at him "sorry sir" i apologized "don't call me that just Nick" he said then smiled " thank you si- Nick for listening" i said and smile "now you're finished wipe those tears and let's get to work ok?" Mary asked while wiping my tears "oh Mary can i sleep at your apartment just for tonight?" i asked "of course you can" she said then made me stand and look at my wound "and let me cure this wound later ok?" she asked, i then nod "i'm so sorry Cris we haven't been by your side " Grayson said and hug me "shut up you, i am fine now atleast you listened to me" i said and patted his back "Ok the guys i'll go back ok?" manager Nick said "ok sir" we replied.

When i go back I approach the manager Dennis team "uhmm can i get you something?" i asked "can you bake your macaroons again please?" Manager Dennis asked "ok then i'll be back" i said then go back to the kitchen and baked the macaroons while continue to listen to the mixtape

'I'll carry you home
No you're not alone
keep marching on
This is worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars

You've had enough
But just don't give up
Stick to your guns
you are worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars
Keep marching on

This is a call to the soldiers, The fighters
The young, the innocent, the righteous,
We've got a little room to grow
Better days are near
Hope is so much stronger than fear

So if you jump kid don't be scared to fall
We'll be kings and queens in this dream,
All for one, one for all
You can light up a dark
There's a fire in your heart
Burning brighter than ever before

I'll carry you home
No you're not alone
keep marching on
This is worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars

You've had enough
But just don't give up
Stick to your guns
you are worth fighting for
You know we've all got battle scars
Keep marching on

On and on, like we're living in a broken record
Hope is strong, but misery's a little quicker.
Sit, and we wait, and we drown there,
Thinking, "Why bother playing when it's unfair?"

They say life's a waste, I say they lack belief.
They tell me luck will travel, I tell 'em that's why I've got feet.
Left, right, left, right,
Moving along to the pulse of a heartbeat.

This could be the last chance you have to fly.
Do you like the ground? Want it to pass you by?
Man, you had it all when you were just a kid.
Do you even remember who you were back then?

What do you want in life? Will you be twice as strong?
What would you sacrifice? What are you waiting on?
Don't stop, march on.

I'll carry you home.
No, you're not alone.
Keep marching on,
This is worth fighting for,
You know we've all got battle scars.

You've had enough,
But just don't give up.
Stick to your guns,
You are worth fighting for.
You know we've all got battle scars.
Keep marching on.

Keep marching on.'

I then wait for the macaroons to be ready. After a long wait I bring a plate of macaroons and the mixtape. I then placed the plate in their table and go to my backpack at the other able 3 tables away from them. I was just about to put the mixtape inside the bag but before i could put it I notice a paper in the mixtape "why didn't i notice this before?" i asked myself. I then unfold it and read it.

'This life is unfair but no matter how difficult or unfair life is don't give up keep marching and fight it. Stopped hat you are doing and listen to this song it will made you realize something. Soon if you are wondering who i am soon we will meet soon'

After reading it it made me smile and then it made want to meet that person to thank him or her personally because of saving my life.

DJ'S POV

After i listened to her story which is told by manager Nick to me I then planned something to do. I then noticed Crystal sitting in the table reading my note i left in the mixtape. I am French and i put my effort to made a english song just to stopped herself of committing suicide. And i will continue on doing it just to made her keep on fighting life I then noticed she smiled and it made me do the same. Soon Cris you'll know.