15- Blinding Anger

Oswald glanced back at Bendy. The demon's composure seemed off, unsteady. His shoulders lightly shook; but with anticipation he did not know. 

It was anger. 

Blinding anger still swelled up deep inside. And yet he still kept it all in.

His two hands were limp at his sides, his body still taut. His mouth was shut all the way, lips pursed. 

The doctor pat the demon's shoulder. "Why don't you stay here with Boris?" he suggested. 

Bendy, no emotion on his white stripped face, nodded mutely. 

"Good, then. Oswald, please..."

The rabbit slowly advanced forward, back into the same room as earlier. Frank motioned for the rabbit to see the crack, and his eyes widened. 

"So you mean..." Oswald's eyes darted back to the crack. "He did this?" His tone was one of doubt. 

"Yes. It seems that toon isn't a 'toon' at all. He is deformed. He'll never be better, he'll most likely never speak, either. But he isn't a bad one. That is something I am positive of. But, back to the fact that he has a power- or perhaps more than one, we'd never know without the tests- he could have a shot at living normally if he is deemed a toon by the Council."

Oswald winced. "And... If he isn't? If... He doesn't get deemed..." he couldn't finish. 

"He'll be thrown back to where he came from. He needs to be surveillanced by the toon who found him." Frank nodded to the rabbit. "He is your responsibility now."

Oswald thought for a moment. "I ca do that. I can teach him things. He'll be like a child. I have not idea how old he is, anyway. Maybe I can ask him-?"

"Mr. Rabbit," the doctor cut him off. "You shouldn't worry about that now. Instead, take him to your home, watch him. You've done this with other toons, haven't you? Two toons shouldn't be too much a hassle..."

"Of course I'll watch over them," Oswald said quickly. "Boris always wants to be near him. If, let's say if, Bendy can't control his temper...?"

"He'll be gone."

The rabbit sighed. "That doesn't sound very fair. He's a good person, he just has his issues. But, who doesn't?"

Frank shook his head, sighing. 

Th doctor waved him out. "We should discuss this with the two of them."

Oswald nodded. "Of course."

____

Bendy sat next to Boris. He could always feel the few eyes glance fearfully over to him. As they should. The demon let out a quiet sigh, and the wolf leaned ever-so-close to him. 

"Bendy, they're back!" he yipped excitedly The rabbit and the doctor called them back, and they slowly followed. 

This time, Frank led the three into an office with a nameplate on the doorway labeled "Doctor Frank". Bendy glanced out the huge window that adorned the wall of the room. You could see people walk right past the window, and with that he was grateful for the fact that people were not looking in.

Boris tugged his arm gently, and he sat down onto the couch, patting it. The demon only shook his head, and pointed to his unstable ink body. He did not want to stain the cream colored couch, or the cream colored rug in front of it. And so he stood there, arms crossed, holding himself as best he could so he wouldn't drip. 

"Now," Frank started. "You two are not yet accustomed to this world. Perhaps we should start off at this: You must show you are a toon." He pointed to his right at Bendy, and the demon only grit his teeth. 

The doctor pointed towards the whiteboard with markers there. "Please, communicate."

Bendy grabbed the marker and hastily drew his model, the one with a wide grin and a perfect, stable body. He then drew a question mark. 

"I... Do no think it is possible for your body to change like that, son."

The demon hissed quietly to himself and then moved to another open space. He doodled his cage, and a man speaking to him, the inky blob that was eating bits of food from the human's hand... Bendy then moved on to write his chicken scratch with the expo marker. 

(Sammy said I would be perfect.)

Boris let out a whimper. "Bendy..."

The ink demon angrily wrote more. 

(I am stuck like this forever?)

Frank nodded. "It was how you were made."

(It is his fault I came out a monster.) His head bowed to the floor. (I was a mistake)

Now Oswald spoke. "Don't think like that, Bendy! You came into this world the same as we did!"

The ink demon cocked his head. 

(Machine?)

"No," the rabbit was confused. "With love-"

Bendy growled and threw the marker into its bin. He snapped his teeth angrily as he caught himself. His shoulders shook as he gave up on his anger, wallowing deep inside at the look of Boris' face. 

"Bendy?" he stood up, taking quick steps forward as he hugged the demon. "It's okay."

Frank and Oswald watched Bendy's tense shoulders relax. He rest his chin onto the wolf, breathing shakily. He could have hurt them... He could have killed them...

It was then that he truly realized he was tired. He was tired of being the bad guy, and he wanted rest. 

"Oswald," Frank began. 

"Hm?"

"I think we should do the test."

The rabbit sighed. "Of course. But let them eat something, at least. They look hungry. And aren't they tired?"

"Bendy must be," Frank said. "They can sleep, and you can go home and get ready for them to stay a while. I'll watch them. Tomorrow, we will start Bendy's tests."

"Er, alright then. I guess I'll see you two tomorrow." he waved. 

"Goodbye, Mr. Oswald!" Boris yipped. The rabbit, smiling now, left the room. 

The doctor turned to them. 

"I'll get you two a room."

Bendy glanced at Boris- his brother seemed excited at the prospect. He was relaxed, as if Boris was his medicine...

He let a grin form upon his face, as Frank checked them into a small room. There were two beds; one on either side. He shut the door, and sent up food for them. 

Two sandwiches and water. Bendy did not drink it; it was a part of his deformity. He never got thirsty, only hungry. 

He ate his sandwich carefully, trying very hard to look etiquette and not stuff it down his throat like an animal. 

Boris licked his lips. "Yum!" and horked it down. They were both tired, but as soon as Boirs flopped on his mattress he peered at Bendy. "Are you going to bed?"

Bendy nodded, as if reassuring him. He turned, and sat on the bed. It felt strange, and so, with the wolf watching curiously, the demon picked up the blanket and flopped it onto the floor. He bent down and snuggled into it. 'Oh well,' he thought 'old habits die hard.

Boris let out a whimper. 

"Isn't it uncomfortable...?"

The demon shook his head. He had always slept on the floor, surrounded by flowy blankets. To others, who had always been used to sleeping on a bed, it might seem uncomfortable. But the demon didn't mind the hardness. And, pretty soon, Boris was snoring a low rhythm. The demon opened his eyes to see the wolf's resting face. He felt the urge to protect this toon, his brother. The demon tucked his head into the blanket, and was quickly swallowed by darkness.

1221 words

to be continued...