40- Ice Cream

(A/N ...2.6k?... Thanks everyone! ^w^ Oh, and thanks MouseXD for helping me with the chapter!)

Sleep was kind for the demon that night. He had no bad thoughts occupying his subconscious, and for that he was grateful. In sleep, he was calm. For many hours his rest was bliss. He had no troubles to prod at him that night. 

That is, until he woke the next day. 

The demon already felt the stiffness in his joints and muscles. He was refreshed from sleep, so his mind itself was not tired. But that exhaustion from the previous day really had taken a toll on his body. He felt like a bag of sand that had been beaten several times by a champ. And even though he would rather just curl back up and sleep, his mind would not let him. His mind was fully awake, and he was eager to move. 

And when he did move, he remembered those tests. The ink from that syringe... Which made his body change. Bendy threw his legs over the side of the bed, and noticed a red peeping light. A camera. Naturally...

The demon paused and began his inspection. He gently pulled off his gloves, and whipped his hands over. He was right- his claws were much more pronounced. It was not just spines and claws which worried him, but his powers.

They seemed... Stronger. His horns rattled once more due to the sound of impending footsteps. The demon shivered, and moved his bare hands to feel the horns upon his head. They really were moving, and it honestly felt uncomfortable. Half of him wished it would stop, but... Another part of him hoped his improved hearing could possibly be used for good. His powers were so different... But even they could be used for good.

...Right? Not all powers have to be bad!

...Not every deformed one was bad...

Just...

Confused.

The impending footsteps began to draw near as the demon recognized the fox's thrum. He sighed, ready to deal with whatever she might throw at him. Unless... She wasn't here to hurt him for once? That thought was interrupted as the door flew open with such force that a huge bang sounded, sending pain through the demon's head from the loud noise. 

"Ms. Shelly-?" Doctor Andrews began, but she quickly turned and headed to the furthest corner of the long room, and turned her head so that the demon may not see her lips move. If the demon's hearing was so well improved from before, she wanted to know if this could possibly be true. 

And so she whispered, "Ice cream."

Bendy's horns rattled gently. "What's an ice cream?" He spoke gently.

Shelly took in a sharp breath. 'Damn, they were right... His hearing really is amazing...'

"Never mind that." She approached closer, making the demon worry the slightest bit. What surprised him, however, was when she stopped at his bed and sat down, looking him in the eyes. "Are you hungry?"

The demon tilted his head a bit. "..." he nodded, unsure what to think when he noticed the bag slung across his shoulder. She pulled out a sandwich in a bag. She held it out, and watched as the demon did not take it, flinching. His stomach rumbled as finally he gave in and reached out for the bagged food. 

"It's interesting hearing you speak," she said as the demon pulled it open, ducking his head, horns rattling.

"...Th...Thank you for th-the food..." he murmured, still not looking at her. 

Shelly nodded. "Mhm..."

The demon bit into the sandwich. It was ham and cheese, which he actually liked. A tingling feeling crept upon him as the fox finally moved her attention back to Doctor Andrew.