31- Beckoning

The demon sat in his cell, fiddling his thumbs when a guard opened his cell door. With startled interest, the demon was beckoned over.

There stood the humanoid... Charles. 

"Come on... There's a call for you."

____EARLIER____

Boris sat patiently on a stool as Oswald wrapped another bandage around the left side of his face, staying silent. After Oswald banded the last strip, he spoke. 

"Dad?"

The rabbit answered. "Yes?"

"...If this doesn't stop... Will I have to see Doctor Frank?"

Oswald shook his head. "It'll stop." Hopefully, he added to himself. 

The wolf let out a tiny whine. "It kinda tingles..." 

The rabbit scratched the wolf behind the ears, and smiled softly at the wolf. "We can wait it out. It shouldn't be too difficult to stop, any who..."

The wolf tilted his head. "But Bendy's never stopped... It had with that blue stuff, but not without it." A pause. "And it hurt him, too..."

Oswald sighed, sitting down beside him on another stool. "Let's hope we won't have to resort to that."

The rabbit sat beside his "son" for merely a moment before Boris started talking once more. 

"...Do you think I'll ever get to visit him?"

Oswald's ears twitched. "I, uh... I don't think so..."

"Why not?"

Oswald sighed. "Well... The Council have always been behind the scenes, not being very public about much, either. So to even be granted access to visit..." He droned off, hoping the wolf would just stop asking. Of course the wolf was broken- losing a brother in such a drastic way- and especially right in front of his eyes...

"Why can't I call him?"

"Because..." Oswald thought for a moment. He didn't know if it was possible or not to call someone in there. "Well, I can check with Doctor Frank I suppose... He'd know more than me..." 

Boris yipped in agreement. "Thank you, Dad!"

Oswald nodded before pulling out his phone and stepping out onto the porch. As he dialed the special number (which he had with Frank for when he saved lost toons who had needed medical attention) he heard it ring several times before the doctor answered. 

"Hello?"

Oswald sighed in relief. "Hey... It's Oswald. Are you on break?"

"Well, no. My lunch break ended five minutes ago... But what do you need? Is it important?"

The rabbit began his question. "Is there a phone line in which Boris can call his brother?"

A pause. "Well..."

Oswald breathed. "Boris... He... Well, he isn't doing so well ever since the Council took him. And... He just wants to talk to him."

Another pause; a long one. 

"I have a line here in my office... If you come... Well, I can't guarantee they'll answer, but! It might be worth a try. How fast can you be here?"

Oswald peered back at the door, of which the wolf leaned expectantly out of, awaiting a (hopefully) positive response. 

Oswald nodded to Boris. "We'll be there as fast as we can."

The doctor and Oswald exchanged several more words before they hung up, and in a flash the cartoon rabbit was waving for the wolf to accompany him to his blue car. 

The wolf's tail wagged. "I'll get to talk to him?"

The rabbit nodded once more. "Well- we're not one hundred percent sure, but-"

"LET'S GO!" Boris yelled, pumping his fist in the air. 

Oswald nodded, and this time the rabbit had to keep up with the wolf into the car.

____

Oswald pulled his car into his usual shady parking place. As soon as he cut the engine the wolf (who was on his right side) hopped out, bounce clearly shone in his step. 

The rabbit locked his car before quickly accompanying the wolf into the hospital's entrance. 

In the front office sat the usual lady who Boris had first met. Her eyes perked up as she smiled; most likely to the fact that a large, towering deformed one wasn't with them. 

"Doctor Frank is in his office right now, sir." 

Oswald nodded, and as they walked away the wolf kindly waved to her. 

As they passed through the hallways, and into Doctor Frank's office, Oswald stood in the entrance with Boris (of course) by his side. 

"Doctor Frank?" 

The doctor looked up from a pile of papers and smiled, stern and kind. "Hello, boys." He waved. "Take a seat."

The two toons sat down, and Doctor Frank couldn't help but question Boris' bandaged face. Instead of letting Boris answer, the rabbit quickly stepped in. 

"He fell on his face," Oswald lied. The wolf glanced at Oswald for merely a second with a foreign look on his face... But he didn't dare correct the rabbit. He had an inkling that the rabbit was trying to protect him... After all, Oswald was now a father to him in many ways. 

Frank nodded, and picked up a phone. "Well... I've dialed them before you got here and yes, Bendy is there." He waved Boris up to get the phone, and the wolf's heart stopped as soon as he held it to his ear. 

"Hello?"

"B-Boris?"

____

to be continued...

852 words

MouseXD

It wasn't exactly what I'd told you it would be but...

I like surprises ^^